Lotus Vegetariano

• Vegetarian
Contact +55-11-2295696

R. Brig. Tobias, 420, Sao Paulo (at Av. Sen. Queiroz, near Estacao da Luz, Centro), Sao Paulo, Brazil,

Self-serve and pay-by-weight buffet at lunchtime features around 70% vegan items with Portuguese labels, available 11:30am-3pm. The snack bar, however, is mostly all non-vegan food.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Asian, Brazilian

First Review by mirian

Excellent - Edit

If I could, I would give this place 6 stars/cows - it is better than other places I've rated 5 cows! The selection of food is incredible - a large table of salads and another of entrees, and a smaller table of desserts. Each dish has a little card with symbols O,L, or G, denoting eggs, milk-based products, or gluten. Everything I tried was very tasty and fresh. Good thing it was per kilo and not all-you-can-eat, or else I would have gained several kilos! The atmosphere is very relaxing and nicely decorated. If you're in central SP near the Luz station, you have to try this place. Or make a special trip here - it is that good. I'll certainly be back every time I'm in Sao Paulo. Some other reviewers have commented on the long line for the cashier. I was there on a Saturday and there was only a 1-2 minute wait to leave, but I can imagine on a weekday that at certain times it could be a wait to pay.

Pros: Very tasty, Wide variety of dishes, Vegan and gluten-free clearly marked

Cons: Only buffet lunch

much variety! - Edit

it's hard to chose what to eat because everything is delicious and they have many many options. i really like the sushi's! everything is indicated if it contains egg, milk or gluten.
one of my favorite restaurants in Sao Paulo!

Been coming here for seven years, still excellent - Edit

I've been coming here since 2008, and it remains one of my absolute favourite places in Sao Paulo. It's heavy on the fake meat and many dishes have Asian influences, it's generally less healthy than Apfel or Nutrissom - and all the better for it ;) Unlike the other two it's R$40 per-kilo rather than unlimited, so better for smaller eaters. Having said that, I'm a big boy with a big appetite, and I spend about the same in total at all three places. I can't decide of the three which is my favourite, which is why I always visit all three whenever I'm in town. Make sure you make it to this one though, it's unusual and excellent. But the queue to pay and exit can be horrendous.

A skip and a jump from Luz station, take R. Brig. Tobias exit, turn right, and it's a few blocks down, diagonally across the main junction intersection.

Pros: Excellent food, Fake meat, All vegetarian

Cons: Location, Lunchtimes only, Queue to pay can be horrific

Excelent place - Edit

Maybe the best vegetarian restaurant in São Paulo.
It has a wide varied of food, many vegan options and they indicate what has eggs am milk.
Some dishes has to much sugar and strange taste or sauce, maybe it's Asians style...

Pros: Wide varied, Many vegan options, Taste

great veg lunch in downtown Sao Paulo - Edit

I love this place. I am vegetarian but have brought several non-veg folks here and nobody comes close to disliking it, some even request it when they're in town. Lots of variety, some sushi and other Japanese options. There are some traditional Brasilian options. It's a buffet-style lunch-only per-kilo vegetarian's delight. While the theme is predominately Asian with offerings such as berinjela agri-doce (one of my favourites), mixed vegetable curry, and more, they also have soy meatballs, chix nuggets (remember, everything is veg), fish, pastels, and many more. They have a full dessert offering, soups, and salads. The service (except the cashiers) is very good and the price is average for downtown Sao Paulo (as of this writing, Mon-Fri is about R$32/kg). Saturdays are slightly higher. Bargain hunters can go in from 14:30-15:00, just before closing, for a small discount.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 11, 2012

Pros: quantity & variety, quality, service

Cons: neighboorhood, not open for dinner :)

Return to Sao Paulo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lotus Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1405 times since Aug 2007.