CLOSED: Lotus Tea House

• Vegetarian

Contact 519-880-1638

79 Regina St N (at Bridgeport), Kitchener Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2J 3A7

Food, teas, and desserts. All items are vegetarian, and many items are vegan and vegan-friendly. PER ITS WEBSITE, LAST DAY FEB 28, 2014.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, International, Take-out

First Review by pheonix

Solid option - Edit

Recent visit was very satisfying. Food overall was very good, if not great. Tried five dishes. Soy chicken nuggets were yummy, and my two year old loved them. Szechuan style chicken dish also a winner. Less enthused by vermicelli dish (bland) and potato filled filo triangles. Friendly service throughout. I would definitely go back if in the area.

Our favourite place in Waterloo - Edit

This is our favourite restuarant in Waterloo. The food is always delicious, most dishes have a vegetarian protein source and tons of vegetables, and it's super affordable. Our favourite items are the wonton soup and bean sprout appetizer that comes with the main meals. mmmmmm.... so good!

Pros: Affordable , Delicious, Loads of veggies

Cons: Same menu, No daily specials

A yummy choice, yet again! - Edit

Just went for dinner tonight with my son and husband. It was our second time visiting, and we should have come back sooner. Their food is quite tasty. I had the schezuan sweet and spicy veggie nuggets with broccoli combo(I think that's what it's called, combo #3). It was very good and I think I would probably get it next time too! I had the iced fruit tea to drink as well as my 4yr old son and we both enjoyed it, and the fruit pieces they put it in! We got the pan fried dumplings as a starter (also yummy) and ended up being really full after finishing dinner. You definitely get enough food! My husband got the eggplant dish (combo #4) and enjoyed his quite a lot. Overall, I'm quite happy with this place. There aren't a lot of options in KW for vegetarian-only dining, and this place is a winner regardless.

The only negative I might say is that because the restaurant is very cozy and intimate (which is nice most of the time) it was a little awkward with my 4yr old. I found I had to tell him to speak quietly constantly when he was simply speaking in a normal level voice. You can definitely listen in to your neighbors conversation, whether you want to or not! Our first visit he stayed at home with grandma, and perhaps next visit he will too.

Pros: cozy atmostphere, great food, parking!

Cons: small menu, too quiet for kids

what an unexpected treat! - Edit

I am vegetarian and have lived in the Kitchener Waterloo area my entire life... but didn't know about this place.. naughty me... what a gem... I'd have to say it is among my FAVOURITE vegetarian restaurants... wonderful food, tea, and GREAT atmosphere.. so peaceful! I'd recommend it most definitely.

Pros: yummy., GREAT food..., Friendly.

Cons: first time... a little, hidden from view..., LOOK hard it's worth it!

Very nice - Edit

The restaurant is a bit deceiving. It's on a mostly residential street and could be easily missed. At first I wondered if it would be expensive because it's situated in a house and most places designed like that are pricey. Thankfully, that wasn't a concern. They have a fairly small amount of tables but the dining area is large enough. It's very well decorated. I didn't care for the tea my friend ordered but the snacks we got were good. Most items are vegan, in fact I think all are. It's a quiet atmosphere and would be good for a first date. It's close to Laurier too, which is very nice. I will go back but can't see my-self as a regular. -Beaner

Pros: atmosphere, close to university, student prices

Cons: dinner served @ 5

Return to Kitchener Waterloo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Lotus Tea House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3016 times since Aug 2007.