Lotus Seed Vegan

• Friend
604-431-7789

180-3665 Kingsway St, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5R 5W2

Offers a mixed cuisines menu. Free Wi-Fi and parking. Est. 2014 as vegetarian and turned vegan in Jan 2016. Open Mon 10:30am-8:00pm, Tue-Sat 10:30am-9:00pm, Sun 10:30am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out, Asian, Fusion

First Review by carson

Delicious! - Edit

The entire menu is vegan and non-GMO. Everything on the menu looked mouth watering - the alfredo pasta was creamy and decadent, the quinoa salad was fresh and tasty!
It's a really cute cafe (I especially love their collage wall of vegetarian celebrities!) and free parking.
Highly recommend, will probably go back soon

Pros: 100% vegan!, delicious and reasonably priced

Delicious - Edit

Everything we had here was great. Get the Curry Noodles.

AMAZING - Edit

Great food!!!
I suggest the lasagna xoxo

Small Restaurant, Basic Vegan - Edit

This restaurant has very few seats....so make reservations. The food is okay...fairly basic. My wife and I ordered an avocado, mango quinoa salad to split. Too small to split really....and considering the ingredients we both found it lacked taste. My wife ordered a thai curry noodle dish which she loved...looking at it it seemed kind of too soupy for my liking, I ordered a kale burrito which had something in it referred to as "pate". All I could find was kale and carrots in a white salad sauce....nothing that I would consider pate. It was tasty, but it was ordinary. There are many other dishes on the menu that sound intriguing....but I wil ask a lot more questions before ordering the next time.

Pros: Inexpensive, Tasty, Friendly staff

Cons: Difficult to know what you are getting, Small, need to make reservations, Parking difficult and likely have to pay

Great service and amazing food - Edit

A great little vegan restaurant located on the border of Burnaby and Vancouver. The restaurant is very clean and the staff are polite and attentive. They have photos on their window outside the restaurant so you can see what the dishes look like before you order and amazingly all the food you get looks just as good as the photos. There are about 5 or 6 small tables some with benches so groups of up to five can sit. The orders come quite fast even when busy and the food is always beautifully presented and very tasty. They also do takeout orders which is what you'll want to do when you eat there because it's so good you'll want to take more home! (Do take-out orders online with their app or call in ahead of time.) This is one of my favorite places to eat and have introduced it to friends who now love it. If you go with friends it's great to order many dishes and share ;) I've sampled the curry dishes, most of the sushi rolls, kale wrap, seaweed salad, burrito and mock tuna sandwich. Everything is fresh and servings are generous. Parking is limited in the parking lot but you should have no problem on side streets.

Pros: Great service polite staff, Amazing food, clean restaurant, generous servings, Takeaway service, can order online with app

Cons: Limited parking

A little gem!! - Edit

I recently went to Lotus Seeds for lunch with other vegan friends. I had wanted to go there for a while but it is a bit far from downtown and is located right at the border of Burnaby.
We were pleasantly surprised by the large menu and apart from the tiramisu which was being prepped, everything was available. We arrived before the lunchtime rush.
We shared several appetizers, like the seaweed salad, kale salad, roasted yam with the mustard sauce and some tried the baked spring rolls. Everything was fresh and flavourful. My main dish was the Thai curry, which I wouldn't necessarily call Thai but I guess it had a strong lemongrass flavour, so maybe that's why. My husband had the rice pasta lasagna. Again, great flavours and consistency. We were really impressed. They also serve alkaline water, which I loved.
The owners/servers were very friendly and cared about the food and the patrons. Before leaving, I got a large veg and avocado sushi roll and seaweed salad that I had for dinner. Again, delicious. I look forward to trying more dishes at Lotus Seed! The prices are also very reasonable and the portions just right. The only downside is that the location is a little far from where I live, otherwise I would be there every week!!

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-26

Pros: All vegan delicious food, Many gluten free options, Friendly owners

Cons: A bit small.

Quick, delicious healthy vegan on the go - Edit

Great place to stop and grab food on the go. We were seated right away, and the service was awesome and fast! The food came just few minutes after we ordered. The teriyaki mushroom burrito bowl was a really good combination of teriyaki shiitake mushrooms, carrot sauerkraut and pico de gallo. I didn't know what to expect from that combo but it was so delicious! Portion size was perfect and the meal was light and not oily at all! The location is conveniently on my commute home and service is so quick, making it the perfect place to grab some healthy vegan take out on the way home! Prices are decent too.

Pros: fast and friendly service , conveniently located , lots of healthy options

Cons: very little seating inside ,

Let Us Go To Lotus - Edit

We arrived prior to the lunch hour rush, and our meals were graciously served in no time at all. Everything was very tasty with some very interesting flavours or flavour combinations which I have not tasted before. The portions were just enough for me, but stuffed the belly of my guest.

It's right across the street from the Telus building and Central park, so very central and easy access.

Pros: Quick service, Tasty food, Friendly staff

Cons: Bit pricey for my pocketbook

For a mindful meal. - Edit

A lovely place with a peaceful atmostphere. Everything on their menu is vegan (as of 2016). They provide kangen water which is alkaline water for all the meals.

Fantastic service, the owners are friendly. You won't be disappointed when you come here for a meal. Lots to choose from.

There is also lots of yummy vegan chocolate and desserts available at the counter.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Mindful, Many choices

Great fresh food - Edit

We were staying in Burnaby for an event and stopped by this restaurant. We were seated right away. We got water served to us right away.
We ordered the baked spring rolls and sunny mango sushi and Spicy V curry noodle.
The sauce for the spring rolls is tangy and very spicy and spring rolls were excellent. I order the Coconut chocolate mousse ( Vegan, Gluten free ) to take back to hotel. It was so creamy and tasted wonderful.
The Spicy V curry noodle dish was big and delicious. We shared it between 2 people. Friendly service. Great food. I would go here again if I was in town.

Pros: Food, price, Fast friendly service

Cons: parking

Maybe Vancouver's Best Vegan Restaurant! - Edit

I've been here a few times and there are always so many meals I'd like to try. A lot of care is put into the creation of their food. I've tried a couple of salads, appetizer wraps, the Meatless Meatball Wich, the Sunny Pate Wich annnnnd some other things. You'd be surprised that the meatballs and the tuna pate are vegan.

The owners are so friendly, too!

Try the desserts.

Pros: Food quality, Friendliness

Awesome! - Edit

Really enjoyed my first meal. Friendly staff and clean. Nice menu options.

Pros: many

Cons: none

THIS ONE! Vegans, You can eat here DAILY! - Edit

Cozy, warm, filling and delicious.
Homemade vegan chocolate!
Lots of appetizer rolls to choose from.
Pho amazing!
Burritos amazing!
Lasagna amazing!
Bean Burgers amazing!
Even their drinking water (Kangen) is amazing.
Food and service here was very personable.
Casual atmosphere where you can meet the chef, eat some delicious food and relax.
They know their ingredients.
I visited several times in one week and even took a bean burger to-go for the airplane ride.
Don't forget the chocolate and other desserts.
Check their menu and call for specials.
Tell them I'm coming back! :)
Parking is underneath restaurant.

Pros: vegan knowledgeable, delicous, filling

Very Impressive - Edit

This is my main go to place, lots of vegan options and it is leaning towards the Healthier style of eating. The seating atmosphere is very nice and service is always great! They make awesome smoothies as well, definitely try it out!

Pros: Price, Taste, Healthy

Cons: none, none , none

Healthy tasty food, affordable, clean, fast. - Edit

Didn't know what to expect when I went there but turned out really really good. The salad was ok nothing to call home about, but baked spring rolls were very tasty and baked = not oily, loved them! grilled vegan cheese on the Lasagna was tasty in a rich kinda way, very satisfying. The vegan tiramisu was a fantastic finish, best part of the meal. Owners really seem to care, and nice to see a fair number of people there enjoying the food on a weekday.

Pros: Tasty, Healthy, Affordable

Cons: Location very busy traffic, can't think of what else

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lotus Seed Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.