Lotus in Moonlight - East Gate 4

• Vegetarian
Contact 62680848

East Gate 4, Workers Stadium, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China,

荷塘月色素食, at 朝阳区工人体育场4号门, has a peaceful atmosphere, located in famous Workers' Stadium of Beijing. Large menu with vegan options. Serves a large array of meatless dishes, made with tofu and related products, as well Chinese teas, desserts and sweets. Mock meat dishes include lamb curry, Shuizhuyu (spicy boiled fish) and Xinjiang style faux-lamb with cumin and nang.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese

First Review by Pitaya

So so... - Edit

I wasnt too impressed with lotus in moonlight.
Maybe it was my selection of dishes... i stayed away from my usual choices and tried some things i normally wouldnt order.
The best thing was the Taiji Soup... the fried tofu balls were not good.
I tried the abalone because I've always seen it on veg menus in china but never ordered it. It was disappointing, and not worth the Y88.
Then service was pretty bad for swanky Beijing veg standards.

Pros: The only veg place right in sanlitun

Cons: average food, small portions, lacklustre service

Really nice food - Edit

Easy to find next to exit 4 of the Workers Stadium, this restaurant has a huge menu and good variety and quality veggie food.

Some of the menu items are very expensive, but there is plenty at a more reasonable price. The sausages were delicious as was the veggie chicken. Lots of mock meat dishes as well as vegetables.

They also serve a wide range of teas but hot water is free!

Definitely worth a try in Beijing!

Pros: Easy to find, Extensive menu, Good food

Cons: A little expensive

Nice Meal; A Bit Overpriced - Edit

I went here for dinner a few nights ago and my experience was similar to previous reviews. The restaurant is easy to find because it's on the bottom level of the Worker's Stadium by gate 4. It has nice ambience and some really good dishes. However, the prices could be cheaper, a few dishes were lackluster, and there's other similar restaurants in Beijing that are better in my opinion. If Suhu and Lotus in Moonlight were side by side, I would choose Suhu almost every time. Still, I'll go to this restaurant again when I'm in the area. Also, if you don't speak Chinese, the picture menu makes ordering easy.

Pros: Nice Atmosphere, Easy to Find

Cons: Price

Great ambiance, interesting location - Edit

I ended up going here when I realized that the one of the other locations, Lotus in Moonlight II was closed. Even after reading the other review here, I wasn't quite prepared for it to be a part of the stadium as it was. Still though, it's very easy to find once you're in the restaurant area, right under gate 4.

The atmosphere is killer and I imagine would be a great option for any vegetarians going to sports outings at the stadium. The servers were kind and helped me find the place on the phone when I got turned around. I wish I could say that I had great things there, but the jiaozi were not great in my opinion, and the kung pao chicken was only so-so... actually pretty nice, but having been spoiled on the incredible quality of other restaurants in the city, it was a bit iffy.

Like other similar veggie restaurants, this one has some outrageously high price menu items... 300, 400+ for certain rare mushroom dishes. Plenty of reasonable priced plates, you just have to look through the large picture menu for them.

Pros: Environment, Friendly, Interesting location

Cons: Not the best veggie food in Beijing, Strange location

Beautiful place, good food - Edit

This place serves always good quality food. It's not the cheapest place to eat, but food is always beautifully presented and very tasty and the interior design of the restaurant is beautiful too (despite the restaurant being located in sports stadium...). Huge menu. I'm not sure if the restaurant is open if there is a big happening at the stadium, because restaurant is really inside the gates of the stadium.

Pros: Very good food, Extensive menu, Beautiful details and decoration

Cons: A bit expensive, Can be difficult to find

Return to Beijing Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lotus in Moonlight - East Gate 4 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2035 times since Jan 2012.