Lotus Bleu Cafe

Contact 506-739-8259

52 rue Canada (at rue de l'Eglise), Edmundston, New Brunswick, Canada, E3V 1V3

Colorful coffee shop serving fair trade and organic coffee, large selection of fair trade & organic fresh leaf tea. Offers a light food menu and Wi-Fi access. Closes winter months til March.

Category: International, Western

First Review by KD

All-around good cafe! - Edit

This was one of the cutest cafes I've ever been in. After being on the road for such a long time it was refreshing to stumble across this spot. I felt like I was walking into a tiny hippie oasis. It had a nice atmosphere and the staff were very friendly and easy to communicate to (even with the language barrier)!

I had no problem ordering something vegan off the menu, and it seemed as though many of the things that weren't vegan could easily become vegan if you asked. The soup I got was fantastic and I loved the organic coffee too.

I would definitely recommend checking this place out once it opens back up. It's definitely a place I'll go back to once I have the time. Another great thing about Lotus Bleu is that it wasn't ridiculously expensive. A huge plus for a student like myself!

Pros: Delicious food, comfortable environment, friendly staff

Cons: Not open in the winter

Absolutely Awesome! - Edit

This place is a must! I had heard of it through the east coast vegetarian grapevine and it was everything and more that i had hoped for. The food is fresh, organic & delicious. (vegan, macrobiotic options no problem). The coffee (espresso) is amazing. Delicious Muffins & cakes made fresh everyday! Great selection of leaf teas served in french presses. The people working there look like a big family having fun and they make you feel welcome. THe vibe is relaxed. Their is wifi, books, mags & games. What more could you ask for!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, great espresso

Cons: they should be in every province

a pleasant surprise! - Edit

I was pleased to find this cafe in Edmundston. I didn't have supper there, but I wish I could have!

I went there looking for dessert, but found only muffins and a small cake (looked like the texture of a muffin but with chocolate in it). So, this is not your place for decadent desserts.

I had already eaten supper with my travelling companion at a nearby Chinese restaurant, where I had to order one of two vegetarian a-la-carte options (every single item in the buffet included meat). Lotus Bleu Cafe would have been a much better option for me!

Pros: reasonably priced, healthy (no decadent desserts!)

Cons: no decadent desserts, not a large variety of food options

2 Responses

CafeLotusBleu Thank you for your review! ...
Since all our decadent deserts are made fresh every morning, there was probably none left by the time you visited the Lotus Bleu at supper time. Everything you see in our display is homemade. Everyday we have baklava, date square (with a reputation), fondant au chocolat (south of france specialty consisting of a dark chocolate cake with cayenne pepper), home made ice cream served with espresso (for coffee lovers), fresh organic fruits etc... Come early!! We'll be happy to serve you our most decadent with a smile!

Return to Edmundston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lotus Bleu Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 680 times since Aug 2008.