CLOSED: Lotus bio Imbiss

• Vegetarian

Contact 03514061383

Louisenstrasse 58, Dresden, Germany, 01099

Ayurveda cooking, mostly vegan except a creme soup or desserts. Offers cheese separately. APR 2015 REPORTED SHUT, REPLACED BY ROOTS.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Ayurvedic

First Review by TigerLily+DrTofu

Disappointed - Edit

I had gone in here for a tea a while ago, but didn't write a review because we didn't try the food. Maybe we were there on a bad day, but I ordered a peanut curry with rice, and it wasn't worth the 7+ euros that I payed for it. The rice was ok, but the curry was runny, and there was nothing in it besides a few peaunut halves and three small cubes of potato. It was like a watery peanut soup next to rice. Do you remember your poor student days where you try to whip up something with the two or three ingredients that fill your empty cupboards? Well that summed it up. My husband's meal was better, a "burrito" with feta. It wasn't really a burrito because it didn't have any beans, but it was tasty nevertheless, although I've had proper burritos elsewhere much larger for the same price. Probably won't go back. We could have had delicious Indian food at Little India just a few doors down for almost the same price. Not sure if they have a listing on HC, but they(Little India) clearly list vegan items and have a good selection.

Pros: ok for a coffee or tea.

Cons: a curry with no veggies :(, burrito with no beans :(

Very disappointing - Edit

Initially, I wanted to go to Café Flax, but it was closed due to illness. So I settled for the Lotus Bio Imbiss and wish I hadn't!

I chose a curry with rice, spinach, and cauliflower. The girl who took my order was nice; although when I asked if I could have a little less of the rice and a bit more of the veggies, she said it wasn't possible. Why I don't know, since both was in different pots and she put the rice and veggies together after my order.

I had a "big bowl" for almost 8 Euros; the portion size was okay, but not very big, I have to say.

The food didn't look very good and unfortunately, it didn't taste good either. The spinach looked a bit brownish; the cauliflower was very mushy and almost cooked to death. The meal wasn't well seasoned either.
Why it was called curry I don't know; I didn't taste anything curry-like at all.

I ate three or four spoonfuls and left. It was a really bad meal, although not a very complicated dish so it shouldn't have been too hard to make something at least okay out of it.

To be fair, I have to say the burger somebody at a different table had looked okay.

Definitely won't go there again; would give one cow instead of two if possible, to be honest.

Cons: Too expensive, Bad food

Restaurant with no kitchen - Edit

This restaurant is listed as bio and aurvedic. I wasted a lot of time to get to this place. I found however that they have practically no kitchen on premises and bring cooked at unknown time and chilled food from someplace else and only re-heat it on the premises. Who told these people that they can treat food like this and still be bio and aurvedic?

Cons: Food not freshly cooked.

Over priced for what i got!! - Edit

Ive been going to curry and co the chip shop for a few days and eating really delicious chips and really delicious vegan sausage with an option of vegan sauces and vegan mayo!! but yesterday thought id better eat something healthy for lunch for a change! so ordered a large portion of aloo gobi from the lotus bio imbiss,..i had it to take away and so was a block away sitting at my table before i realised half the container was full of plain lettuce and chunks of raw carrot and the other half was full of unseasoned rice and the aloo gobi that i paid almost 7 euros for was about two tablespoons worth-maximum!!! it was a huge disapointing rip off, and for just under 7 euros!For that price i could get a main at most other places.It was also under seasoned and mostly tasteless. Luckily the rice was a good quality brown rice, ..but for 6 euros something i vould have bought about 3 half kilo bags of it from the organic store and lived off of it for the next month!! I dont know if i would have got a better deal if i had of eaten in the cafe where they couldnt get away with basically cheating me,..but im not going to be going there again to try. Should have stuck with the 3.80 for the vegan chips and sausage from curry and co which is always good value and always tastes good!!!

Pros: everything is organic

Cons: over priced, under seasoned, not very tasty

My favorite place in Dresden! - Edit

Nice, small Imbiss in the middle of the "alternative" area Dresden Neustadt. Often changing menu, with burger, noodles and stews and also some desserts.
Very nice atmosphere.

nice place - Edit

The choice is not big but the meals are tasty and peculiar. I like that they have little cups with nuts and vegan sauces like hummus and pesto you can add to the food. The place is little but confortable.

Pros: good food, big or little portion to choose, little things to add to the food

Good choice even for vegans - Edit

This place is not 100% vegan, because they sometimes have soups or desserts made with dairy, but the rest of the changing menu is 100% vegan and organic.
When we went there fortunately everything on the menu was vegan, so no danger at all. The place was crowded (seems to be popular among young Dresdeners!) and it was a nice and warm Asian-kitchen-atmosphere, although the owners aren't Asian. To order yozr food you need to go to the desk, where you can pick up your meal after some minutes. We ordered the Indian Dal lentil soup which had to be cooked extra for us (because the last Plate was sold right in front of us). The waiting time of 20 minutes was totally worth it, it was the best lentil soup I had in years and the Chili con Soya we also had was quite nice, too. Well, the Chili could have been a bit more spicy. Next to the front desk you can pimp your food with different dips and sauces.
Organic lemonade, coke and the famous german Club Mate is available in a fridge next to the front desk.
Most meals you can choos between a small or a big portion, the prices are great for the meals they serve.

Pros: Great food!, Good prices, Friendly and welcoming staff

Cons: some dishes are sold out quickly

Return to Dresden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Lotus bio Imbiss closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2060 times since Mar 2011.