First Review by kimmykokonut

Vegan Options, albeit a little pricey - Edit

I came to Lotos after I went to Onda Verde, Sattva and one other spot and they were all closed! The previous reviews didn't inspire me to go, but I thought the seitan veggie stew and the veggie rice were quite good. I paid 57 pesos(about $12) for both portions which were very filling. I'd give it 3.5/5 stars for the food, especially since I've had such bad luck finding food here, and I'll give it extra for the market downstairs which has milanesas de soya, and other products.

Pros: vegan options, friendly staff

Cons: price

Decent food, decent price - Edit

The food was pretty good, but not great. And the price is a bit high when compared to the all-you-can-eat vege places, which had better food too (see my other reviews). It does have a little grocery though, so if that interests you then I'd say it's worthwhile. If not, I'd go elsewhere.

not 100% vegan, but still good eats - Edit

I was really excited to go here because I thought it was all vegan. Alas, there were many dishes I couldn't have. I did eat well though. We had a big sald and I had a warm squash dish. The portions are good. The staff speaks some English, so it was easy to find out what was vegan. The little store downstairs was good too. We got some veggie burgers there. And you have to try the chocolate/ coconut pastries. Vegan (ask again though to be sure!) and YUM!

Pros: big seating area and quite, good filling food, friendly staff

Cons: not 100% vegan, closed often (downstairs open though)

Not impressed - Edit

This asian inspired cafeteria style place didn't impress. The portions were small for the price, they are on a hot line (who knows for how long) and the food is bland. I had the seitan stew dish that tasted like soft seitan and frozen veggies with a can of tomato soup. The drink selection is poor, but there is a natural foods store below selling snacks, teas and more.

Pros: health food store, vegan options, air conditioned

Cons: cash only, not much flavor, expensive

Return to Buenos Aires Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lotos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2218 times since Aug 2007.