CLOSED: Los Tontos

Javier Barrios Amorin 1116 (at Durazno), Montevideo, Uruguay, 11200

Small fast food place offering burgers, wraps, pizzas, salads, natural juices and shakes. Delivery & takeaway. 2017 NOTE FB DEFUNCT. REPORTED SHUT.

Categories: Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by jasonxkeller

Great place and cool food! - Edit

Although they are not vegan anymore (as you could read in the previous review) they are veg friendly and they cook everything in a separated area and even with a different knife! The burgers are cool and the wraps even cooler! I would definitely come here again.

Not Vegan, Not Worth It - Edit

The moment we walked in here the guy in the front was frying an egg. I asked him if they were not a vegan restaurant anymore to which he gestured to the back of the kitchen and said they cook the vegan stuff there.

I almost left at this point. I don't care if a restaurant is vegetarian. That's great, but I get very concerned that they don't know what 'vegano' actually means when it says as much, but definitely isn't.

Anyway, we didn't want to go food hunting on foot all day, so after some humming and haaaing we ordered anyway. Did i mention that it was expensive? My burger was over $7us. Just across in Buenos Aires this would have come with a side and drink. This definitely did not. They had sides, but they were not on the vegan menu at all.

Anyway, $14 later, I got a lone chickpea burger, which was quite large as burgers go. The texture was decent and I liked the bun as well, but as far as flavor it was very bland. The only notable enjoyment I got from this was a bit of roster red pepper in the last two bites.

We also had the quinoa salad. This turned out to be only lettuce, some fresh herbs, a tomato, and unseasoned quinoa. No dressing. No sauce.

I've had some wonderful vegan restaurant experiences in the last week. Unfortunately this was not one of them. I would never come back here again.

Pros: some vegan items , they deliver if you speak enough Spanish to work i

Cons: Not vegan, I confirmed at least cheese and egg, staff unfriendly, unhelpful, only seating for two

Return to Montevideo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Los Tontos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.