Los Taquitos Taqueria

Contact 503-808-9169

5832 NE Glisan St, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97213

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hole in the wall atmosphere. Extensive vegetarian menu that includes soy curls, soyrizo, tempeh, tofu, a green burrito with spinach. Try the hot sauce. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Vadim

vegan chimichanga! - Edit

This location is conveniently located near 84. I work nearby and have always seen the big bold VEGAN letters painted right on the side and was always curious. I just prefer to dine in all vegan establishments if I am going to spend money on food. But...
I really wanted to try a chimichanga after my boyfriend told me about them recently. So we happycowed it, lots of the vegetarian Mexican places we called we closed. Los Taquitos was open!
Alas! I called ahead to make sure and they had numerous vegan options, not just a hand full. Win. Chimichanga. Success.
I applaud their efforts into catering vegans. They have tempeh, Tofu, Soy curls, and beyond meat vegan chicken. They also have vegan cheese and sour cream if that's your thing too. I'm not certain, but I am pretty sure they used the mozzarella daiya brand in the green burrito.
Their salsas were sooooo yummy! Fresh and numerous types. Go for the greeeeen.
The atmosphere is what you'd expect it to be based on the exterior. It's older, but clean. Next time I will place a to go order and eat outside, but because of the heat wave burning on, we sat inside. A few tables inside, a few outside without shade.
The lady was accommodating and made my natural anxiety of eating at a meat serving establishment disappear by her confident demeanor regarding the vegan options.
Their Togo ware is also recyclable. :)

Well Worth a Try - Edit

I was flying through Portland and had a 3.5 hour layover and didn't want to spend it in the airport. This restaurant is just several blocks off the 60th and Glisan Max Stop, and hence very convenient. The Max Red Line is easily taken from the airport itself. The only thing is - they tell you it leaves every 10-15 minutes, but I had to wait a half hour on both ends. So instead of having time to kill, I only just had enough time to pull this off. The actual ride on the Max is only about 10 minutes one way.

As for the restaurant: There is a whole "Healthy Meals" (or some such title) menu, with extensive vegan offerings. Because I was both starved and about to catch a red-eye, I actually ordered both a vegan burrito and a vegan "chicken" quesadilla. Both were excellent and filling. Beware the hot sauce - it's REALLY hot. No complaints. Everything was very good and the service quick. The restaurant itself is very small and plain - I would not eat in if I had a choice, it's not particularly pleasant, but not affirmatively problematic either. You just don't go there for ambiance but for good, filling, healthy vegan mexican food.

Pros: good food, many vegan offerings

Cons: not the best ambiance

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Los Taquitos Taqueria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.