First Review by LegrayDynamic

Wonderful selection! - Edit

After living in Rochester for two years I finally went to Loris, and I was floored by the selection! Cashew cheese, imported chocolates, you name it. It is a bit pricey but I think that's more because the products themselves are pricey as opposed to the store itself.

Pricey, but a nice selection - Edit

Since I do not have a car, I often find myself biking to get groceries and Lori's is the easiest place to bike to (apart from Tops, which I feel doesn't have a great selection). Lori's has friendly staff, a lot of off-beat products, and a nice atmosphere. My favorite thing is the bulk bins in the center. They have a nice selection of spices to buy in bulk and Lori's is where I go to get my spices. They also are the only place in Rochester that I know of that sell Carob cubes.
What isn't nice about Lori's is the prices. Everything is a dollar or more extra here than it is at Wegmans. Also, the produce section is fairly small. If you can, Wegmans and the Public Market are a better selection- unless you want something like Vegan Marshmellows!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Decent Selection, Bulk Spices/Nuts etc

Cons: Pricey, Small Produce Section

Great store but not cheap! - Edit

This is a great store of ALL kinds of natural foods and natural living options. I LOVE the huge selection and can't get enough of the place. If you think of it (natural foods wise) - they have it! BUT - and a large BUT at that - it is NOT cheap. Their prices are quite high on most things so when i do go i have to be very careful with what i'm buying and limit myself to just a few things.

I was surprised by the prices being high because its a large store. With a large store and quicker turnover of items, you'd think that would reduce their prices but apparently not. Still a great place but watch your budget in here;)

Pros: Huge Selection, free parking lot, Nice Staff

Cons: Prices are HIGH

Lots of stuff! - Edit

I like Lori's very much, but what I don't like is the pricing. Because the place is big, I can shop there and not have to go anywhere else, but when I need to consider money.. it's always less expensive to go between Abundance and Wegmans.

Pros: variety, bulk section, friendly staff

Cons: pricing, cleanliness

I Love Lori's - Edit

They always have everything I need. Especially natural foods, hygiene products and eco friendly products. You wont be let down. Ive also ordered bulk items and have recieved a bulk discount.

Pros: great place, great people, great products

Return to Rochester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lori's Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2175 times since Aug 2007.