Lord of the Fries - Chapel St

Contact 1300667552

170 Chapel St, Windsor, Victoria, 3181

Vegetarian fast food and takeaway with multiple outlets. Menu offers burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, and onion rings as well as chips with a variety of sauces. Limited seating. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:30pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Kosher

First Review by ProtonVehiCROSS

Delicious Vegan Burgers and Fries - Edit

We love finding restaurants that have a few vegan options. Pretty good as far as vegan fast food goes. A little pricey (paid almost $30 for two burgers and fries). Friendly and accommodating staff, a variety of sauce and topping choices. Fries were fresh and delicious. Went a few times and had the same good quality of food each time.

Pros: Friendly staff, Clean

Cons: No public washroom, Pricey

Great burgers - Edit

Being a sucker for a good burger had to check this out

Spicy Burger was good, but not that spicy and could be better

Parma Burger was deliciousl, on the other hand, full of flavour and pleasantly moist

Pros: Parma Burger

fast food made Veg - Edit

I am amazed by this place. It is a bit expensive ($14 for a combo meal) but it is nice to be able to order any burger on the menu. The burgers are either fake meat, fake chicken, or garden burger style. I ordered the big hotdog Tijuana style. I was really impressed by the roll it was served on. Made the don seem small, but the bread can make or break a burger or dog.

Pros: veg or vegan , lots of options

Cons: overpriced

Sooo Disappointing.... - Edit

This was my second visit to LOTF, but first to this branch. The burgers were terrible. I don't know how they could be so different from branch to branch, but they were. The burger felt undercooked, all mooshy inside, and just unpleasant in texture. The staff were defensive and patronizing, completely insincere. Such a stark contrast to my experience in Fitzroy. I gave back 75% of my double burger and received a marginally better single burger. Not sure how that works. Additionally, One of the five onion rings was made out of onion skin, not edible. I am the first person to say I am cheap, but $25 is still a lot to drop on two burgers and one pack of fries. I expect a bit more, and a bit more consistency. VERY disappointed, will not return. Well, at least to this branch. I might allow one of the other branches to wash away this most unpleasant experience.

I would give this a one cow rating, but Happy Cow says all vegetarian restaurants must be given at least two cows. NOT acceptable, Happy Cow!!!

Pros: central location..., seating

Cons: staff, unpleasant burger, inconsistent quality, no toilets?

Tasty food for on the go - Edit

Have been going to this place since in opened. The service was fantastic and the food always fresh. 2012 the management changed and the sevice went down hill and the food also sufferd. The staff were unfreindly. If busy playing on mobile phones our talking about stuff you dont want to hear. I stopped going to this store for 6 months. Started back again this year and the service and quality of food has come back.

"It's-so-damn-tasty-but-why-did-eat-it" food - Edit

This is a 100% vegetarian burger shop chain. The food is tasty! I like the vegan Thai sauce on my fries, and I order a wholemeal (wholewheat) bun with the vegan spicy burger. Meat-eaters ought to be totally happy with the hearty flavours of this place. The service here is MUCH slower than the Elizabeth Street location!

It's excellent fare, but I always lament afterwards, "ugh, why did I eat that crap?" It's super-greasy -- go there when you're hungry after a long day walking around, or do something to burn off the calories afterwards! You'll feel like you ate a brick!

Pros: Tasty, 100% vegetarian, Excellent vegan options

Cons: Expensive for what it is, Unhealthy, Slow service at Chapel Street location

Return to Windsor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lord of the Fries - Chapel St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1060 times since Aug 2011.