Lord of the Fries

Shop 7, 537 George St, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000

Vegetarian fast food franchise. Menu offers burgers, hot dogs, nuggets and onion rings, shakes, and chips with a variety of sauces. Limited seating. Open Mon-Fri 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 10:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-4:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Neridah

burger time - Edit

Fine if you want a burger late at night... only take away but quick to prepare.

Not so good - Edit

I got a burger and chips - the burger was fine though small. The chips were OK were OK but drowned in sauce (ketchup). With a small soft drink this was $18. That's way too much for lunch.

Pros: Convenient

Cons: Too much sauce, The price !!!!!

could have fooled me! - Edit

The food was so tasty that I forgot to take a picture! I got the original burger and chips with American sauce.
Tasted like an authentic American style burger.

Pros: Fast, tasty , comfort food

Cons: nowhere to sit , heavy handed with the sauce , A little on the expensive side for what you get

Fun, Fancy, Fast Food - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised by this place!
Only a very small takeaway restaurant but has a quirky personality. The staff was every lovely when i went and supplied us with a decent range of vegan hotdogs, burgers and fries.
I loved their portion sizes and over all the prices were very affordable!
Just be sure to ask for Vegan!! xx

Pros: good size food for the money that you are paying , lot of different burger and hotdog options , the food is prepared fast

Cons: the is no were to sit and eat

yummy fast food fix! - Edit

a great option if you're in need of some yummy vegan greasy fast food. i've tried the french canadian, mexicana and east la sauce options - all super yummy in their sloppy glory!
also tried the limited time (i think?) snack pack which was delicious and allowed us vegetarian/vegans to partake in the HSP craze!
staff have always been really friendly and delightful, fast service (despite close proximity to busy central station!!!) and reasonable prices.

Pros: sriracha sauce option!, friendly staff, good portion size

Cons: probably not the healthiest option

interesting concept, decent execution - Edit

So, vegetarians can have their McDonald's, too: quick, greasy burgers and fries. I'm not a fake-meat person, so I asked for a recommendation and was told to try the guru burger. I got fries and the dipping sauce of the month. It all seemed quite processed and generic, but if you're craving that fast food experience, this place certainly delivers. [This review is actually for the location in Central station, but the menu is the same.]

Pros: all veg, lots of options, not expensive

Cons: greasy, mostly fake meat, not particularly healthy

Good takeaway option - Edit

Lord of the fries is a great option for when you want something naughty but cruelty free of course. The original burger is delicious and my boyfriend (who isn't vegan or vegetarian) agrees- he also loves the nuggets!

Pros: Great takeaway option for vegans, Tasty food

Cons: No seating and limited waiting space

Great fast food - Edit

I've had lots of their burgers, chips, onion rings and vegan chicken nuggets. All have been yummy! They have a huge variety of sauces for their chips! It's all takeaway, no seating.

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-04

All-vegetarian fast food is a great step forward! - Edit

As an American, I am terribly jealous of Aussies who have this all-vegetarian fast food chain, which is also mostly vegan!

I got a takeaway vegan meal from the George Street location on October 18, during a short stay in Sydney - and everything looked and tasted so good that I ordered and ate way more food than I normally do! I had a peanut butter soy/almond milkshake; Parma burger with veg chick'n patty, soy bacon and Napoli sauce; and classic fries with Aussie sauce.

On the day I was there, the staff seemed quite clear on vegan vs. vegetarian, and on how to veganize menu items that would normally be just vegetarian. The one possible exception is the "natural flavoring" in the ingredient list for many menu items: in the United States that term can include many types of animal products; I'm not sure about Australia.

Pros: tasty food, a rare all-vegetarian fast food chain, fun name and concept

Cons: no seating, natural flavoring many not be veg?

very confused - Edit

I went to Lord of the Fries George St as I was told they had vegan food. The menu had a note 100% veg, halal, kosher, however the menu items listed ingredients such as beef and cheese. The only item listed as having a vegan option was a special edition milkshake. I was not able to clarify with the staff as they weren't able to understand me when I asked and even got my name wrong.
There was nowhere to sit and eat and people had to line up on the street, which since it is currently undergoing major roadworks, was highly inconvenient.
I ended up with a 'munch box' which was marketed as a side but was enough for three meals. The chips were jacketed, which also wasn't listed on the menu or shown in the picture.

Cons: vegan options not clear, no seating

exploiting workers is not ethical - Edit

lord of the fries is a fast food chain, it operates like a fast food chain. it employs workers on precarious working contracts and relies on employing young cheap workers in the holidays. the food is loaded full of chemicals. I ate here four times in two weeks after my friend was working for the chain and could give me free food (she was very mistreated by the chain, so were her colleagues). after my fourth meal I had a pain in my heart followed by a full day and night of anxiety (I never get anxious). vegabism is about more than products which don't kill or exploit animals for milk dairy and eggs. it is also about treating humans fairly and not reproducing structures of oppression. lord of the fries is the typical business which exploits workers, denies them rights, produces toxic food, markets themselves as ethical, but in reality exist to profit. they are the epitome of a neoliberal capitalist organisation and have no place in a social justice movement. vegan products does not = ethical. i tried to give this restaurant 1 star, but happy cow says the minimum can be 2 stars for a vegan/vegetarian restaurant. just because a restaurant is vegan does not mean it should be protected from strong criticism.

vegetarian fast food - Edit

for those of you missing out on fast food here is the place for you. A completely vegetarian fast food restaurant with vegan options and alternatives.

Pros: relatable to "normal" fast food options, r

Cons: it is still fast food so I wouldn't recommend

Fast Food - Edit

Good opening hours

Pros: Late Opening hours, cheap, options

Cons: small, fried, chips can be greasy

only ok. - Edit

seems overpriced
I only has the fries at the time but they were underwhelming

Veg friendly fast food - Edit

Vegetarian versions of fast food favourites - burgers, hotdogs, nuggets, onion rings, shakes, sauces and fries.

Go for the fries! The fries with dipping sauce is where it's at.

My fave: A munch box with onion rings, fries and Parisian sauce.

Also offers limited edition burgers and sauces each month.

Pros: Veg-friendly versions of fast food favourites, Convenient location, Gluten-free options

Cons: No seating

Caution? - Edit

Cons:
- When I asked about which of their burgers were Vegan, I was not even given a reply! Got an unwelcome expression as if I annoyed them. If that's their attitude let them not say they'll happily take request for a vegan meal
- Only take away, no place to eat like even a food court nearby
- There was a slimy white sauce mixed with a tomato based one, makes me wonder if it was Mayo though I explicitly said Vegan? Are they so unhappy to serve Vegans?
- Finally, the large or big burger was so small, wonder what would be the size of their mini-burger? In fact I was not even asked which size I wanted, and was billed for a big which ended up being too small

Pros:
- Have to admit despite the smaller size the burger tasted so good
- So were their nuggets, a unique and amazing taste

was NOT impressed - Edit

I know it's a fast food joint but it was just too unhealthy.. burgers tasted bland and smothered in oil.. the milkshake was actually HORRIBLE..and the fries were unmemorable .. sorry but won't be returning

Pros: all vegan which is great

Cons: nothing really tasted that good

Nuggets! Hot dogs! - Edit

So good so good so good! My favourites are Chicago dog (ready vegan) and nuggets with Indian sauce (ready vegan). Almost everything is vegan, and those which aren't you can have vegan. Open late!

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lord of the Fries closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.