Lord of the Fries - Swanston St

55 Swanston St, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000

Vegetarian fast food franchise. Menu offers burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, shakes, and onion rings as well as chips with a variety of sauces. Limited seating. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-10:30pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-4:00am, Sun 10:00am-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by BROD73

Not a fan - Edit

When I arrived in Aussie, I was very excited discovering these, but eventually - after having tried some of their burgers - I'm not a real fan. I think the meat comes too close to real meat (this is a super personal psychological finding), so not for me. I would once in a while get some fries and Belgian veganaise, though :)
I personally miss the taste of vegetables in my burger.

Pros: vegan fries, vegan belgian Mayo, Nice people

Cons: Too close to meat, heavy on the stomach

Delicious Burgers and Fries - Edit

I had the vegan troical burger (the current special) and a mixed munch box with chips, onion rings and faux chicken nuggets (to share... beware of accidentally ordering too much food) and it was all delicious. As always, I thoroughly enjoyed my Lord of the Fries experience. There's a little bit of seating inside this outlet too.

Amazing - Edit

The best chips you can get hands down. A wide variety of different sauces and cheese (can ask for vegan cheese) as well as being able to get a Burger. I had no idea at first that it wasn't meat until I was told.

Pros: meat like burger, Best chips, Variety

Chips and Gravy - Edit

Absolutely love lord of the fries, I'm not a fan of fake meat but they have the new guru burger which is a vegetable patty, so no meat texture and is really tasty! But the main reason I visit here is for the Chips, don't think I've had chips that have tasted that good in years and the variety of sauces just makes my day! I'm not a girl for dry chips I need sauce and lord of the fries delivers on the sauce front every time, they do gravy which is amazing; I'm a Yorkshire lass and there's nothing better in life, than chips with gravy and cheese (which can be veganised) and all the Mayo is vegan, which shocked me as I couldn't tell, it just tasted amazing and generally just makes life even better!
The service is generally OK, but there was one girl in particular who was so lovely offered me water and everything because I was looking a bit pale and red faced at the same time (definitely a bit of jet lag there)
Lord of the fries even impressed the meat eater i took there, who said theyd return time and again. I recommend this place to everyone who says they are visiting Melbourne and now Sydney and Perth..fancy heading over to the UK too?!

Pros: Vegan mayo, Pretty much everything can be veganised, Gravy

Cons: Too much fake meat for me

Friendly, fast & delicious - Edit

LOVE Lord of the Fries.

Milkshakes are great, service is friendly, food is delicious. Prices are good, too.

Pros: No meat, Vegan milkshakes, Friendly

Good burgers, great convenience - Edit

I've been looking forward to revisiting Lord of the Fries for ages, and being in Melbourne, I finally had my chance. I managed to drag my fast-food hating vegan sister, and my girlfriend here on the third day of my visit.

I had a vegan parma burger, and we shared a large chips between us. The burger was delicious, as were the chips.

While this is not the place for everyone, it certainly has its place. Decent vegan fast food in the city is not just a great convenience, but it's great for veganism.

Pros: Good burgers, Convenient

Great place for take-away in city - Edit

This Lord of the Fries always has excellent service and is very speedy. It's the perfect place to eat when you're in the city and in a hurry. The staff are lovely, and it is in a perfect location in the heart of Melbourne's central business district making it a great place to meet friends or even to wind down after a night on the town.

The food is always hot and good quality.

Pros: Fast, Great location, Friendly staff

Cons: Can sometimes be busy

Like McDonalds but for vegetarians and vegans - Edit

I loved Lord of the Fries when I visited Melbourne. There is so much choice for burgers, nuggets, munch boxes, fries, onion rings and other kinds of fast food, but the best part is that it is all vegetarian with good options for vegans. A lot of people would presume that the patties and nuggets are made from real meat because the taste is quite authentic. I think this chain would do very well in London and in the US too. It's a great idea - please go worldwide!

Pros: Great choice of fast food , vegan options marked, fast service and reasonable prices

Cons: We need these worldwide!

The best lord of the fries - Edit

Have been eating lords for some time now. Although this one is tiny i have had the best food and service from this outlet. Friendly staff and the food is prompt.

Pros: tasty, friendly service

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lord of the Fries - Swanston St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.