Lord of the Fries - Fitzroy

Contact 1300667552

383 Brunswick St, Fitzroy, Victoria, 3065

Vegetarian fast food and takeaway with multiple outlets. Menu offers burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, and onion rings as well as chips with a variety of sauces. Mostly vegan. Mon-Tue 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-3:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by roryjohnson

Best place for cheap vegan eats after a gig - Edit

it's really convenient considering that it's open til 4am and things like the mini burger are only $5. I often find myself going there after shows cause I know that they'll always satisfy and they're always open.

Pros: open til really late, well priced, Good vegan options

Cons: can take a while if busy

great for taste, not so much your health - Edit

Not the healthiest of vegan options on Brunswick but it's a much better alternative to fast food. Very tasty. I fool my omnivore friends a few times bringing them here without knowing its vego and they love it!

Pros: Vegan options Full of flavour Burgers are bigger (

Cons: Not so healthy

Variable - Edit

I have eaten here 3 times so far and have found no consistency. The first time I ate here the burger was dry and bland and the fries appeared to be the dregs out of about 3 bags (the small blackened pieces), they should never have been served.

The second time was okay, but the burgers are under sized and overpriced and the fries are nothing special at all.

The third time was average and uninspiring.

Pros: There are now more vegan sauces

Cons: quality, size, price

LOTF diner-style - Edit

I don't visit this LOTF branch often because, for my money, there are loads of better veg*n dining options on Brunswick St. It does have the appeal of cosy booth seating and beer though. I've also been in a few times to grab takeaway then sit and eat it in Edinburgh gardens. Last time I stopped by I got my usual - vegan spicy burger - and the patty was burned. :-/ I didn't realise until it was too late and I couldn't return it. Super disappointing since it wasn't busy and LOTF is usually so consistent.

Pros: beer, booths

Cons: burnt burger

Great Burger Experience! - Edit

My Fitzroy LOTF experience was fantastic. My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our burgers. The guy in the kitchen made a mistake and offered us the botched order burger for free, stating it would just be thrown out. What a way to keep your customers happy!! My cheese loving partner was amazed that the vegan cheese burger was actually tastier than the cow cheese. The fries were delicious, the popper was good, but a bit dear. Seating options were good, and the place had a nice feel to it. We spent almost $30, which seems ridiculous to me, but it was a really satisfying visit (and not expensive for this town/country).
I highly recommend this branch, but not all LOTF are the same.... beware!

Pros: great cheese burger, fantastic fries, good ambience

Cons: expensive for fast food, frozen burgers, salad on burgers lacking, ordinary

sit down and pig out - Edit

nice to have a LOTF with good seating options. Awesome for a vegan junk food pig out. The parma is amazing. You can also get beer here= win. However avoid the bbq sauce for your chips, its pretty stinking, more like HP brown sauce.

Pros: seating and good location, great burgers and chips, beer

Cons: unhealthy

the tastiest - Edit

This is the closest Lord of the Fries to me now that the one at Northland has closed. It's da bomb!
Tastiest place to go when you feel that need for junk food!

Pros: mostly vegan options, convenient, junk food!

Cons: some dairy/egg

Return to Fitzroy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lord of the Fries - Fitzroy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1222 times since Jan 2013.