CLOSED: Lord of the Fries - Chadstone

• Vegetarian

Contact 0423067175

1341 Dandenong Rd (at Chadstone Centre), Chadstone, Victoria,

Located indoor near JB and AMF bowling. Vegetarian fast food for takeaway. Chips with sauce, burgers, hot dogs, nuggets, and onion rings. Has vegan as well as gluten-free options. Limited seating. Several locations. MAR 2015 REPORTED SHUT TO DUE SHOPPING CENTRE RENOVATING - TO REOPEN 2016 - LET HAPPYCOW KNOW!

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by AshlynZuideveld

My favorite veg take away! - Edit

I am a huge fan of lord of the fries and the Chadstone store being one of my favorites.
If you're a vegetarian or vegan and haven't tried lotf yet, go do it now haha!
I recommend the good old original burger in terms of burgers. Their gluten free buns are amongst some of the best I've ever had also.
The nuggets with BBQ sauce are always tasty.
And fries with the london mayo is my favourite for sauces.
The peanut butter and chocolate shake is also amazing!
I basically recommend most of the menu, and it hits the spot whenever you're in the mood for a burger take away.

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Gluten free

Impressive! - Edit

I have tried LOTF food at a few of their branches over the years. At times it was acceptable, on other occasions less so. I had never tried the Chadstone branch, though. I was pleasantly surprised.

The menu has changed over the years, and there are no more desserts available. However, I was stunned to hear that any of the cheese items on the menu could be ordered with vegan cheese for the same price. Great! It's nice to not be ripped off just for trying to save a calf or two (thousand). Anyway, I opted for a Tijuana Hot Dog. This was not a bargain ($7.95), but when I got my hot dog 3 minutes after ordering, I was pleased by the size of the package.

The bun was fresh, the flavours mixed really well; I'm not used to sour cream, even the vegan version, but especially when it is mixed with jalapeno chilli! The sausage was well-flavoured too. All in all, I relished the total experience: vegan, fast food, not too pricey. Best of all, despite this hot dog being my sole lunch food, I was not hungry until late evening! Magic!

I must also applaud the staff I encountered. The guy taking my order was knowledgeable, quick to respond, and genuine. He seemed to know what I wanted and how I could get it. Kudos to LOTF for their training of staff!
Updated from previous review on Friday January 17, 2014

Pros: Nice flavours, Excellent customer service, Reasonable price

Bit Sloppy - Edit

We went here on boxing day. It wasnt that busy in store. We orderd a parma burger combo thing. The burger was very sloppy and didnt seem very fresh and the chips were also soggy. Although saying all that it still tasted delicous.

Pros: Greasy Yumness

Cons: Sloppy Burger And Chips, Hardly Anywhere To Sit

Return to Chadstone Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Lord of the Fries - Chadstone closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 595 times since Feb 2011.