Lacto
Western
British
Breakfast
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cycling themed cafe in Old St. Serves hot drinks, cakes and meals, including an extensive breakfast menu. Always has a few labelled vegan choices. Shows cycling events on a big screen and includes a bike repair shop. Reported closed February 2023.

Venue map for Look Mum No Hands
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by small_trees

Aglika

Points +619

29 Jan 2023

A nice place 😊

Overall a nice place to eat - vegan, vegetarian and non-v options at one place. We wait long and some of the guests who came after us become their food before us. The stuff is really friendly. The food was a bit too burned out on my opinion 😅 but it was good 👍

lusowings

Points +456

16 Jan 2023

Nice atmosphere!

Great place to work on your computer and to meet a friend. The plant based breakfast was nice, they had no vegan sausages and the tomatoes were cold. The avocado was super tasty. #Veganuary

Pros: Friendly staff , Lots of tables and seating area

Cons: Self service with cutlery etc , Toilet was broken

MrMantis

Points +79

17 Nov 2022

Cycling-themed cafe run by healthy cycling types

A cafe that buzzes, even if there are only a couple tables occupied. I turned up tired from the night before, and the staff were pleasant where nothing was too much (I just asked for a large black coffee, and I didn't get scoffed at like with some other places in the area). I don't cycle, but I'm tempted to buy one of their branded cycling shirts.

Pros: Great plant-based breakfast, A decent cup of coffee

SaraNorlin

Points +2076

01 Nov 2022

Delicious and unique

I got the mushroom and kale with vegan hollandaise sauce. It was so so good and I've never seen anything like it on a menu elsewhere. Definitely worth a stop

ErinLouttit

Points +1963

27 Jul 2022

Cycling-themed cafe with vegetarian and vegan options

This cafe is within walking distance of the tube station at Old Street, and if you like cycling it's the place for you!

There are quite reasonable options for vegetarians and vegans, and the vegan cooked breakfast was so filling and tasty that some of your friends might want to eat more plant-based food if they see it! I'd happily go back if I'm in the area again.

Updated from previous review on 2022-07-27

Chrischtopp

Points +73

09 Mar 2020

Very delicious vegan English breakfast

We had the vegan English breakfast. It was really good. Just like what I imagine a "real" English breakfast would taste like.
The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere in this cafe is truly unique.

But unfortunately they served us the vegetarian breakfast at first, which had scrambled eggs in it. They replaced it immediately and made up for it with a vegan croissant.

Still, I think that, if you serve vegan meals, mixing them up with the non vegan stuff is the one thing, that absolutely must not happen!

Peaker121

Points +26

11 Feb 2020

Laid back atmosphere and yummy food!

The atmosphere is very relaxed and the coffee and food options were great. The soup of the day was delicious and the lentil Dahl was also good. Reasonably priced and tasty options.

Pros: Really tasty vegan option and lots of choice

Cons: No soya milk

aneorbegozo

Points +24

15 Oct 2019

Great place to relax or work

Great vegan matcha latte. They don't charge you extra money for choosing a plant-based milk : )

peanutplans

Points +2254

26 Mar 2019

Many vegan options, lively atmosphere

Indoor and outdoor seating, both very crowded with young to old people. Positive vibes. Lots of vegan options. Small offee Americano is 3.70£ fyi.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Grzat atmosphere, Laptop users not allowed to take up main tables

Cons: Coffee not good

Mu

Points +2634

18 Feb 2019

for bicycle lovers

not a lot of vegan options, but a lovely and inspiring place

Pros: has nature wines

KirstieWielandt

Points +90

Mostly Veg
08 Feb 2019

Committed to the environment

Great vibes to be found at the popular multifunctional eatery which doubles up as a cyclists Mecca. Plenty of veggie options and always a couple of vegan ones, crafted by commuted chefs. Love independent cafes like this.

Pros: Some vegan options, Many veggie options, Great evening and weekend events

small_trees

Points +402

31 Jan 2018

Cute place, good food

So this cycling cafe has just gone fully veg, hooray for them! It's a really lovely place, super nice staff and the kind of ambiance that makes you want to stay there all day. The vegan menu could probably be a bit more fullsome but everything they do have tastes really good. They have a full selection of vegan milks too. Their brunch menu is very satisfying! They show bike races on a big screen sometimes but I don't think they're distracting if you're not into it, although it does get crowded during those times. I love it here and I'm so pleased they no longer have meat or fish on the premises.

gall

12 Feb 2018

I was wondering if the change to V8n was permanent, having read the blog post at https://www.lookmumnohands.com/blog/new-year-new-menu which says “Our new menu will run at 49 Old St. for the whole of January […]”. Would be good if anyone in the area could check :) — oh yes, and they do a good quick wheel-fix too, I broke a spoke a while back and the wheel was nearly as good as new in nearly no time! :)

small_trees

15 Mar 2018

Oh hell, you're right. I'm so disappointed. I was back there today and there was meat. Gah. I don't think there's a good enough choice to leave it up. Thank you!