Longqin Lianjing Vegetarian Club - maybe closed

0731-85232968

178 Baisha Rd, Furong District, Changsha, China

Name 龙钦莲境素食禅茶会所, address 芙蓉区白沙路178号(白沙古井对面). Has Wi-Fi and afternoon tea menu. Feb 2018 reported possibly closed temporarily due to ownership change - please send updates. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese

First Review by Jrosworld

good food, but not worth the price - Edit

vegetarian or vegan food is anyway always five times the price of other Chinese restaurants but this one was really totally overpriced. we paid 80 RMB each. the funny thing, we weren't allowed to choose what we wanna eat, they just told us, they will serve what the kitchen has to offer. very strange system, we asked for the menu, but they just weren't giving us one. then we waited forever for the food to arrive. normally in China I always take the leftover food home with me and eat again from it the next day, this.time there were no leftovers.it was just enough for the both of us. also noone came to give us more tea, which is actually really normal in every other vegan restaurant I went to in China
it was very good food, but it can't excuse the price, other vegan restaurants in China serve much more food for half the price and you can pick what you wanna eat.
upstairs is a teahouse, which looks really nice but we couldn't be bothered anymore to have a tea and spend another 100 rmb

Pros: very nice interior, cozy, quite restaurant

Cons: expensive, can't choose what to eat

A nice surprise - Edit

Having lived in Changsha for eight months before finding this place, my expectations weren't very high. I'm glad to say though, I was proved very wrong.

Despite being on the main road, it's quite a discreet place with no English signage. So I'll add a picture of the restaurant front to help any other non-Chinese speakers.

I was somewhat sceptical walking-in, because I wasn't sure that there would be any English-speaking staff or an English menu either. Luckily there was a new waitress there (she'd only been working there for 12 days) who did speak English. And she was an absolute delight to talk with. She was very helpful, as was the owner of the place. All of the staff are apparently vegetarian.

The menu unfortunately is only Chinese, but every item has a very good picture, and this waitress helped me to translate, so there was absolutely no problem ordering.

The food was also very, very nice. It costs a little more than some other restaurants; I paid 110 RMB for the three dishes that I had. But it was worth it. It was very good food.

I loved the decor of the restaurant as well. There was a little water-feature, and the menu had a very quaint hard-wood cover. It was a very comfortable and relaxing place to sit.

Seeing as at the time of writing, this was the only restaurant in Changsha listed on Happy Cow, I guarantee that I'll be back there again.

From the friendly staff, to the elegant decor, to the delicious food, this place is great.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Elegant decor

Return to Changsha Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Longqin Lianjing Vegetarian Club - maybe closed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.