First Review by vegan6

Great vegan friendly Thai food - Edit

I decided to check this place out when I heard that they have a separate vegan menu. There is always a little bit of hesitancy with Asian restaurants, especially when there is a language barrier. While the separate menu actually says "Vegetarian Menu", not "vegan", many of the items use the word "vegan" in their description. The only thing that was a little off-putting was after asking for the vegan menu, and asking for a "vegan version of Thai's Garden," the waitress immediately then asked me what kind of meat I wanted. I'm willing to believe that it was just habit. The food was delicious. I will definitely visit again.

Pros: Vegan menu, great food, good prices

Cons: language barrier

THE BEST OUT there - Edit

this restaurant really knows vegan and even has a separate vegan menu upon request. we eat here weekly and have never been disappointed. don't forget to ask for some of their jasmine tea with your meal.

Nice find in Lakewood! - Edit

My friend and I ordered pad thai with half veg and half tofu off the vegan menu and it was delicious! The server was also very helpful and courteous!

Pros: vegan menu, friendly staff, ample parking

Vegan Menu - Edit

Went to LB Cafe today and received a separate menu with great looking selections, I ordered the sweet potato, pineapple and tofu curry, delicious... truly. The service was attentive and friendly, the prices fair. Located in a small strip of shops, the locale was pleasant. I only wish their vegan selections were part of the regular menu to entice more to the smart choices an animal free diet provides all.

Pros: Many Choices, Great Taste

Cons: Separate menu

Fantastic vegan friendly thai restaurant! - Edit

We went to Long Beach Cafe tonight after seeing them listed here on HappyCow.net and having a seperate vegan menu. I had the fresh spring roll with peanut sauce appetizer and my husband had the fried wontons and they were both absolutely delicious! I'm vegan and my husband is vegetarian, but neither of us have had fried wontons since we stopped eating meat because the only wrappers I've found contain egg, so it was nice to have them again. I had the pad kee mao for dinner and my husband had the vegetable fried rice. Both were very delicious. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing, but yet bright and friendly, the prices were great given the quality of the food. We will certainly be eating there again!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly, Vegan friendly

Veganize it!! - Edit

Best Thai restaurant in the pacific northwest, they have a separate vegan menu and they can veganize most of the items on their main menu if you ask, make sure you tell them to Veganize it lol. Their pad thai is to die for, and they have vegan spring rolls and vegan wontons.

Pros: Place you can eat with non vegan Friends, Great Value, friendy staff

Return to Lakewood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Long Beach Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2401 times since Dec 2009.