London Bridge Bar and Restaurant

+33-374116342

12 Place d'Armes, Place d'Armes (at Rue Royale), Calais, France, 62100

Serves meat, vegan options available. Friendly family atmosphere. Busy place with well labeled menu that states if something is vegan, including vegan pizzas and other pasta dishes, along with hummus. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:30pm. Closed between 4pm and 6pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by RichardPWalton

Excellent - Edit

Highly recommended if staying or passing through Calais.
The food was simply divine!
Lots of vegan options including pizzas with vegan cheese, burgers, spaghetti bolognese, etc....
The staff are friendly and attentive, and knowledgeable about vegan food.
They also mostly understood English fairly well.
The vegan chocolate mousse I had for dessert was quite simply the best dessert I have ever eaten in my 38 years on this planet, it was incredible!
The only downside was that they didn't have any plant milk for my friend's coffee, but I have mine black so not an issue for me!
I would definitely go out of my way to go back there next time I'm in France.

Pros: Lots of vegan options. , Friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Bonne surprise à Calais ! - Edit

Accueil vraiment sympathique un midi, le patron m'a spontanément proposé leur fromage vegan maison lorsque j'ai commandé une pizza végétarienne sans fromage.
J'étais un peu pressée, et après l'avoir précisé, le service a été très rapide.
Bonne pizza, meilleur fromage végétal que j'aie mangé sur une pizza, et fait maison en plus.

pretty bad! - Edit

I'm not sure if it's because I couldn't speak French but it felt like I was unwanted here, I was dining on my own and they put me out of the way in the corner, even though the place was almost empty.

I ordered the Vegan pizza which came out with most of the crust burnt and had whole olives with stones in, I was always under the impression that olives on pizza should be sliced.

Anyway, I don't like leaving bad reviews but this had to be done. Rude attitude and crap food

Return to Calais Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has London Bridge Bar and Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.