Lombardia Cafe

Contact 032336819

Lombardenvest 78, Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A family business since 1972 which started out as a health food store and grew to incorporate a cafe and a line of hot fruit and ginger juices. Offers a range of veggie and vegan choices, from salads and vegetable soups to sandwiches and dish of the day. Open Wed-Sat 8:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, European, Non-veg

First Review by brownhare

Vegan whipped cream is a must-try! - Edit

We popped in and had a vegan hot chocolate (with soya milk and vegan whipped cream) and a cereal coffee (again with the whipped cream). The vegan whipped cream is delicious, and my husband said the coffee was the best he had ever tried.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Great vegan options

Cons: Opening Hours

Great Place - Edit

My partner and I enjoyed our lunch here very much. The whole place was kind of eclectic. Food was good, portions quite generous. What really impressed us were the staff (especially the owner). Super nice guy. He offered us free cheesecake and a hot ginger tea just because we agreed to move over to a two-person table for a group of six that just arrived. The cake wasn't vegan, so I took the tea, and it was DELICIOUS. Very central location. Highly recommended!

Pros: staff, good value, location

It was soooo good - Edit

it was a very good place to eat vegetarian/vegan food. they became so popular.

Lomedin 06 Nov 2015 - They also say they are vegan/vegetarian, when they are not... Still, hey, if Moby the "vegan" goes there, it is a MUST to go eating in the place, right? ...

sandwiches and drinks - Edit

We have eaten here with 2 persons. I got a sandwich with little salad on it and 3 balls of falafel. My partners sandwich was similar. We also ordered a vegan cappucino and a cola.

Lomedin 06 Nov 2015 - Hey, Moby goes there, you know? They have to be expensive! And they must keep all the good manners and proper service just for him. Just.

An institution - Edit

Actually stumbled on this place, looked interesting so went in for lunch. Busy but we had no probs getting a table.
Lots of celeb sightings in the cafe on the walls, Moby must be rather influential!
Gluten free, large menu, plus loads of drinks and juices. Vegan options sort of well labelled.
I personally felt it quite expensive, I had the vegan mexican falafel burger and while it was good I've had better vegan burgers in Belgium for half the price.
Great atmosphere though.

Pros: eclectic menu, gluten free, good atmosphere

number of vegan labelled things - Edit

Returned visit after a couple of years. The place is essentially the same, though the cultivated scruffiness is, I think, starting to look just scruffy. There are a number of vegan labelled things on the menu, indicated with stick-on stars, some of which seemed to have fallen off some items on my version of menu but not my partner’s, so we checked and were told what was OK. There is a tasty vegan burger. However I ordered their Himalaya desert (vegan icecream with their signature ginger tea) only after double-checking with the waiter that it was vegan (it was labeled so on one menu and not on another) and was told it was. Saw their Ginger Tea in a shop later in the week and saw that the ingredients included milk products, so check the ingredients.

Pros: Central, Good Burger

Lomedin 06 Nov 2015 - The place (and the staff which constitutes it) is a joke. People keep giving them money simply because Moby advertises them. Pf.

I ate here 5 times - Edit

I ate here 5 times now. The reason I go back is because I have allergy to dairy and gluten, and this is a great place to eat for that, but it is expensive. I would happily go back if they would lower their prices.

Pros: Vegan gluten free options

Good selection of vegan items - Edit

I have been here a few times, the first was good- the second time they forgot my partner's meal, and the last time they forgot our drinks. Some of the ingredients are organic. Vegans also need to note that the GingerLove Tea that they sell contains non-vegan ingredients.

Amazing Vegetarian Restaurant - Edit

Yesterday, I went to restaurant Lombardia and I was amazed by their large menu of vegan and vegetarion food.
I enjoyed the delicious vegan dish of the with an ginger-carrot juice.
Besides the tasty food , it was an unique experience to be there!
The Restaurant itself was very authentic and special, and the people were extremely friendly.
Lombardia is a place I certainly would go back to when I'm in Antwerp!!!

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff

Lomedin 06 Nov 2015 - Look at the nickname, look at the way the review is written,the publicity/advertisement vibe. This is obviously somebody working for Lombardia who created the account just to leave this fake review.
These are the ethics and values of Lombardia.

Lombardia - Edit

When we got there we felt as if we were being looked down on by the staff. To be honest I'd go as far as thinking that they'd all but decided we were up to no good. The place comes recommended on other sites, like trip advisor, but our food was in small portions. The vegan burger I had was a bun and a tiny bit of falafel.

CHouette restaurant - Edit

Tres sympa, terrasse agréable en été. A tester leur boisson au gingembre (spécialité de la maison) et un de leur nombreux succulent plats vegan. Dommage que tout ne soit pas végétarien et que les prix soient un peu élevés !
Tres bien servi et omnivores accompagnateurs contents.

Pros: Bon, Bien servi

Cons: Le prix

great little spot - Edit

Lombardia seems to be the Moby and Sting like to go when in Antwerp, we ate here when traveling through Antwerp on the way back to Amsterdam from Brussels. You can a large plate of vegetables which is nice. The outdoor seating on a nice day looked like a great spot, but it was a little cold when we went.

has veggie food - Edit

I'm glad that at least Happy Cow is not listing this restaurant as a vegetarian or vegan place. Many sites, guides and people declare Lombardia to be "the best veg(etari)an place in Antwerpen". Maybe this is something to do with the celebrities visiting the place now and again. Lombardia is not a pure vegetarian place. They do serve chicken and fish. They do have veggie choices. Not cheap either. The mystery of why they call themselves a vegetarian (or even vegan!) restaurant is beyond me: they do this on their website while also clearly showing their chicken and fish menu!! I guess the world is definitely gone mad. They also like to boast about Moby, Sigur Ros, Sting and other famous people going there. What can I say, I go to a restaurant to eat proper nice food, not because some "star" says it's good. And for those singers and artists claiming to be vegan while praising Lombardia. Anyways it is better than a "normal" non veg restaurant regarding options.

Nice experience - Edit

I ate here with my girlfriend on a daytrip to Antwerp. We were in kind of a hurry, but the awesomeness of this place calmed us right down, and we ended up enjoying a delicious meal. It looks very colourful, and has people to match!

My girlfriend had the veggie cheeseburger, and the owner (a bit of an eccentric man, but very nice) enthousiastically suggested she try some of the mango salsa he had just made on it. This turned out to be an excellent suggestion! I had the Mexican vegan burger, which had falafel and guacamole. Both burgers had very nice bread and great heaps of vegetables between them.

To drink I had a homemade ice tea which was simply the best I ever had! Very tasty and with a whole lot of fresh mint in it. My girlfriend had a very nice juice.

After we were finished eating, the owner offered us a vegan cookie to try. It was made with red lentils and ginger. It was so nice we ended up taking some home, together with more juice (I was feeling generous :)).

Lombardia is not very cheaply priced, but you certainly get value for your money. In the end we payed about 40 euros for two burgers, two fresh drinks and a large drink and three cookies to take home. If you're in Antwerp, give it a try. It deserves five stars!

Pros: good food, many vegan options and clearly labelled, great drinks

Cons: little chaotic

Return to Antwerpen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lombardia Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.