Lolo's Vegan Restaurant & Bar

+44-1706821150

2/4 Market Place, Ramsbottom, Ramsbottom, England, BL0 9HT

Opened Nov 2015 a 1920s New York Art Deco themed restaurant, deli, and shop. Eat in or take away. Shop sells home and beauty products as well chilled and frozen vegan food. Previously named Lolo's Vegan and Raw Restaurant and Store. Open Wed-Sat 10:30am-11:30pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Beer/Wine, Take-out, British

First Review by Disappeared

Lovely vegan meal - Edit

Four of us had lunch here today. We each had something different and it was all good. The avocado pasta was really tasty and the home cooked chips and onion rings yum. Pudding was extra special - bakewell tart and strawberry cheezecake with the cinema popcorn icecream - delicious. Tea and coffee was served with barista oat milk, which was new to us, and we're now converts. Service was pleasant and prompt. Thoroughly recommend Lolo's.

Pros: Good food, comfortable environment, friendly staff

fabulous! - Edit

I love the atmosphere, the styling is beautiful! Staff were so friendly and the food was incredible! The only problem was having so much choice!! Can't wait to come back again! Bravo Lolo's!

classy 1920/30's decor with cut glass. fab-lous food. - Edit

The food was amazing, especially the advocado pasta. to die for. lovely cocktails too.

Pros: everything

Cons: none

Slow service & lots of processed food - Edit

The décor is great and the staff are super accommodating and friendly. It wasn't what I was looking for as most dishes had either mock meat, cheeze and soy "dairy" and I'm more into a whole foods plant-based diet. I had a nice three potato hash though.

Pros: Completely vegan

Cons: Processed food and expensive

a treat - Edit

surprised to find a vegan restaraunt somewhere like Ramsbottom. A small town, with very lucky residents.
i had lunch on a saturday and was impressed at how busy it was, i think the quality of food is attracting non veggies, which is great.
the staff were super friendly, and set in an art deco theme, a good size with a nice atmosphere. my little girl had the all day breakfast (which they did a kids size) which she loved. between us we had a club sandwich and a burger with chips. the burger was good, but not out of this world, the club sandwich was fantastic and was moist and also crispy, really tasty.
i think my problem was i had food envy. the people next to me had a tart and something else, and as soon as i saw it i wish i had ordered it.
we left with a cherry bakewell slice and some peanut butter and chocolate cake, both were soft, tasty and filling.
i will be back the next time i have the misfortune to be in lancashire, which with family living there, will be soon.
i really recommend Lolo's and i'm sure next time i visit i will upgrade to 5 cows.
the staff were so nice we had commented hoe nice the art deco door handles were, asked where they got them, and we left with one of their spares.

Pros: vegan, staff, tasty

good place - Edit

a bit pricey but we had an excellent meal. worth it for a special occasion (or if you are rich!)

Pros: friendly service great dishes

Loved It - Edit

Lolo's is in Ramsbottom, not far from Bury and describes itself as a 1920's style vegan restaurant and cocktail bar. I loved its art deco retro style.

Lolo's use organic and local produce where possible, offering fresh cooked dishes, along with some vegan junk food and cakes made on site. Their commitment to being environmentally friendly and sustainable, includes using renewable electricity, recyclable and biodegradeable products, with all cleaning products and things like hand soaps all vegan.

Lolo's were runner up in The Observer Monthly Food Awards for best ethical restaurant of 2016 and listed in Manchester Evening News best vegan restaurant list 2017.

They are open Wednesday to Saturday, for lunch and dinner, with a wide range of beers, organic wines and delicious sounding cocktails, have events like Jazz evenings and the venue is available for private hire.

I chose the spinach tart, with Mediterranean salad and basil dressing, the three potato hash for my other half and a side order of raw green salad to share.

The food was delicious, my salad included many favourite ingredients, artichokes, pine nuts, olives, basil and hubby loved the hash, with three kinds of potato including purple, which added a vibrant colour to the dish, fried tofu, sour cream and avocado. The simplicity of the raw green salad, with live sprouts could have been bland, but I could have eaten a large portion on my own, it was so tasty. If it were not for the fact, that we had to leave due to other commitments, we would have tucked into one of their desserts or cakes.

Service was friendly and efficient and I had a brief chat with our waitress Natasha, a vegan of twelve months, who was very enthusiastic and explained that all the chefs were vegan, how comforting for their vegan diners.

Definitely want to revisit for dinner & cocktails.

Pros: 100% Vegan , Vegan wines, beers, cocktails

Good, but could be better - Edit

I want to rave about this place, I really do. But there was something not quite right about it when I visited with my Mum for lunch one Saturday afternoon. The menu is big and there are plenty of options. I enjoyed my green salad dressed with pesto and avocado a lot, whereas my Mum's toastie was very bland and unsatisfactory. The service was not good considering how quiet it was. It kind of ruins a meal when you have to ask for a dessert menu and then 20 minutes later ask again before giving up. We purchased some cakes from the counter to take home and these were not great, mostly tasting of margarine than anything else. The shop on the side is great, full of fantastic things (I spent a small fortune). It's an absolute delight to see a fully vegan deli open in such a small town like Ramsbottom, but it still needs some work.

Art Deco - Edit

We travelled a long way to try this cafe, the decor was different and interresting and when we walked in they were playing the blues (my kind of music )The girl serving was really freindly so I was excited about this place, alas it went down hill from there. I had a salad with a pesto dressing, I got a small plate of leaves for £10!!!! Not many people in but the services was very slow. I won't be going back.

Pros: Decor, Nice staff, Great music

Cons: Way to expensive, Not much for the high price tag, Very slow service

Cute with great food - Edit

Small eatery in a city English town. Food was awesome.

Delicious Club Sandwich devoured... - Edit

I stopped at Lolo's for a quick lunch, whilst passing through the town of Ramsbottom. I ordered the vegan club sandwich and an apple & raspberry juice. The food arrived quickly and looked very appetizing, and equally tasted fantastic. Couldn't fault it.
Browsing the menu and homemade desserts on show, I know I will be returning again soon. Very good!

Pros: service/friendliness, quality of food

Cons: on the main road/junction, traffic abit noisy with

lovely lunch today - Edit

We spend the morning walking around Darwen Tower, and then headed over to Lolo's for a late lunch.
The food was yummy, and the service was brilliant.
I had the 3 potato hash, and even had a small space for Oreo Ice cream.
All fantastic vegan food and a lovely atmosphere, we will certainly be back for an evening meal!
Thank you for being made very welcome!

Pros: all vegan menu, lots to choose from

Great Friendly Staff & Brilliant Products - Edit

Went here the other day to buy some vegan foods and products. The staff are brilliant, very knowledgeable and had great recommendations- definitely will be back!

Pros: Brilliant Staff, Very Friendly, High Quality Products

I adore everything about Lolos - Edit

It's beautifully decorated, run by brilliant vegan staff who are super friendly, has a great selection of lunch and brunch items and a deli, and a store that sells vegan Mac and cheese. It's awesome. Now it's opened I'll make the 20 minutes trip without hesitation. Looking forward to the arrival of juices and the dinner menu.

Pros: Such tasty food , Good value , Lovely staff

Time for a trip to Ramsbottom - Edit

Heaven knows that Ramsbottom isn't normally considered a vegan hotspot but Lolo's should make you think again.

Right on the junction of the main traffic lights in the town centre, and with free parking just across the road (behind the Grants Arms pub) this excellent little cafe and shop is well worth a visit.

The menu is all vegan and has plenty of choices for a lunchtime meal or a decent snack. We had the "sausage", mushroom and pesto sub, and their own version of beans of toast (five different types of beans in a lovely tomato sauce, on a toasted bagel) plus a couple of hot drinks, and all came to under £15 (Jan 2016).

Apparently they're also opening soon in the evenings too, for proper " night out" dining. We'll definitely be going back!
Updated from previous review on Monday January 04, 2016

Pros: All vegan, decent portion sizes and not

Cons: Just be aware it's Ramsbottom, not Manch

LAURALOLOS 05 Feb 2016 - Thanks for an awesome review!

Return to Ramsbottom Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lolo's Vegan Restaurant & Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.