L'Oiseau Cabosse

Contact 0557140207

30 rue Sainte Colombe, Bordeaux, France, 33300

Serves meat, vegan options available. A popular brunch place on a quiet street alongside other restaurants. Around half of the menu is vegetarian suitable. You pick 1 or 2 options to make up a main course. Uses local organic products whenever possible and also sell a few organic products. Young crowd atmosphere with music playing. Open Mon-Sun, closed Mon-Tue dinner.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, French, Non-veg

First Review by MJG

Tasty Veggie Lunch - Edit

My partner and I ate lunch here in April 2013, based on the 1st review, and left very happy with the food and service. They had an appetising variety of European and fusion veggie dishes, mostly savoury tarte / quiche / cake style [though unfortunately few vegan]. At lunch, you can choose 3 items from the menu, plus a small salad.

Pros: Unique food, friendly staff, good choice of food

Cons: not super pricey, but not cheap either

Trendy bistro with quiet street terrasse - Edit

I ate here in June 2012 and went back twice to catch the dinner service. Make sure to check the opening hours because it's a small place. We sat outside which was nice with some music coming from the bistro next door. There are several restos next to each other on this street.

The food was fresh and excellent. Lots of veg options. You can order a couple dishes if you're hungry with a side of salad. I had a soup to start. The dessert was interesting but I feel tacking on the extra 5 or 6 euros each is a bit much.

The owner is very nice, we told her that we had been referred by the nice couple at IZBA in Perigueux. We also bought some of her friend's organic honey which my Mom says is wonderful!

I will definitely return the next time I'm in Bordeaux.

The bill for two was around 50 euros with the honey :)

Pros: tasty, good value

Cons: early week hours

Return to Bordeaux Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has L'Oiseau Cabosse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1729 times since Jul 2012.