Lofty Pursuits

• Other Other
Contact 850-521-0091

1415 Timberlane Rd 410 (at Thomasville Rd), Tallahassee, Florida, USA, 32312

Full service soda fountain. Always has vegan in-house made "ice kareem" flavors and offers vegan sundaes and vegan shakes made with almond milk. Has Wi-Fi. Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm

First Review by sos

Great Vegan Ice Cream! - Edit

They change up their vegan flavors everyday, so if you have a favorite, be sure to look on their website before you go. I tried the vegan blueberry cheesecake "ice cream" the other day, and it was amazing! It had a great creamy texture. The man at the counter didn't understand that I wanted the vegan at first, but was extremely nice when I corrected him, and got a new bowl and everything to get me the right kind. Every time I've been here, the employees have been super nice and accommodating.

Pros: New flavors, Nice staff, Multiple vegan options

Gross! STAY AWAY! - Edit

I took my two daughters (both vegan) to this dump! The place itself has a retro 50's style. My older daughter is a student at FSU and her vegan friends like this place. We asked which ice cream was vegan. They had only two flavones. I ordered the pistachio almond ice cream. My one daughter ordered their mango sorbet (they had several flavors). They went to the back room to get our favors. He handed me some gross looking green thing. The mango sorbet was mediocre, but mine was the worste piece sh!t I have ever put in my mouth. It had freezer burn and a perfume after taste. My other daughter saw our ice cream and decided not to order anything. Wise choice! I am sure their dairy ice cream is better. I think they are looking to get rid of their vegan stuff. I would give it zero cow ratings if I could! STAY FAR AWAY!

Pros: NOTHING

Cons: Paid too much for freezer burn, Poor quality, gross, Poor selection

Not Worth The Time!!!!! - Edit

I'm a vegan so on a recent visit to Tallahassee, I visited the much talked about LP. I was very, very disappointed! Coming from Atlanta, I'm used to having delicious, flavorful vegan ice cream. This ice cream did not meet even my minimum expectations for flavor or consistency. The cinnamon ice cream had way too much cinnamon which over powered the already bland taste. Likewise, the vanilla lacked the rich creamy texture of other vegan ice creams. The toppings did not help any. They were just as flavorless. On the Friday I went, they did not have bananas for a banana split or a to-go container to put it in. The girl that helped me was very nice. She offered to go to the store to get bananas but the shift supervisor told her it would take 20 minutes. Sooooooooo here's the scoop on my order: two vegan scoops w/4 vegan toppings- marshmallow, pineapple, wet walnuts and caramel; one kiddie scoop of lemon sorbet, one scoop of champagne sorbet. total $21.02. Not worth the money!!!!

This Place Makes Me Happy - Edit

I love that this locally owned shop always carries vegan ice cream. Try the chocolate vegan ice cream with peanuts on top - awesome. You can watch candy being made and the store is packed with fun games and toys for purchase.

Pros: Wonderful Place, Delicious

Great Vegan Icekream! - Edit

We jumped at the chance for a dairy-free milkshake (vegan icekream plus almond milk), and was richly rewarded! Staff was very vegan friendly and knowledgeable. The sweet kream and chocobanana flavors were delicious, but the best part was the vegan whipped cream on top, which was to die for!

Pros: friendly, tasty

Great for Kids of All Ages - Edit

Wonderful toy store and ice cream / soda fountain. Always a great variety of ice cream flavors, with at least one soy kreme and several sorbets to choose from. The vegan milkshakes are fantastic! Staff are always very knowledgeable and friendly.

Pros: Vegan options, Friendly Staff, You can do puzzles while you wait!

Return to Tallahassee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lofty Pursuits closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1041 times since Aug 2010.