L'Oasis Italiana

0035-282312869

Rua D Joao Il Lj 1 r/c Edificio Atlantico IV, Armacao De Pera, Portugal, 8365-130

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Italian with a large choice of vegetarian dishes. Almost half of the pizzas are vegetarian and can be made vegan by omitting cheese. Most pasta dishes are also vegetarian and several are vegan (spaghetti pomodoro, penne arrabbiata, pasta primavera). Staff are knowledgeable about vegans and dishes can be prepared as required. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 6:00pm-10:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by hack_man

Authentic Italian - Edit

I order the cheeseless veggie pizza. It came with light tomato sauce, spinach, artichoke , and peppers (I substituted for black olives but didn't realize it was canned). The crust was super thin so it is a pretty light dish for being Italian. I have to say that I've had better pizza but I am used to American style pizza. I felt the pasta had more flavor. I ordered the Penne Al'rrabiata. The portion for the price is small. the owner is vegan but for health reasons. Very nice guy.

Pros: 3 different vegan choices. pizza, pasta, risotto

Cons: price, canned black olives

Authentic and delicious - Edit

I love this restaurant. It's very popular and understandably so. It stands out from other restaurants in the town where outside seating is favoured and the style and atmosphere inside can lack the feeling of being in a top quality establishment. This restaurant really feels authentic and atmospheric, it is bustling and you can enjoy your meal surrounded by the chatter of satisfied diners. The food is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful. There is a really good veggie choice and some dishes can be adapted to vegan, just make sure you inform staff. We made the mistake of not specifying our diet requirement when ordering a simple pasta pomodoro dish which wasn't labelled with cheese on the menu. When our meal arrived we found out that all pasta dishes are served with shavings of Parmesan as standard. We asked for a replacement and offered to pay the extra but staff were very accommodating and quickly prepared a fresh meal with no extra charge and no complaints. This is a must when in Armacao.

Pros: delicious food, authentic and atmospheric , friendly and helpful staff

Cons: serves fish and meat

Fairly Brand New and Heavy - Edit

Opened in 2011 and undoubtedly the best and most veg friendly restaurant in the special town of Armacao de Pera. Run by a genuine Italian restauranteur this place is a scintillating example of true Italian cuisine in The Algarve. Absolutely ram packed in the high season months and very busy the rest of the year it is a true pleasure to dine here and feel welcomed. Most pasta or pizza dishes can be made as vegan if requested and without embarrassment. In fact, approx 50% of the pizza or pasta menu is meat free anyway. They don't do vegan cheese and to be honest won't do in the future but all pizzas can be made cheese free if asked. Pasta is a better option for the vegan diner. They do an amazing spag pomodoro or penne all'arriabbiata. I can vouch for this. An equally good option would be a vegetable risotto, of which they have at least 2 vegan varieties. Just make sure you ask for them to be made without parmesan. Prices for main courses are €8 to €11 which is a little pricey for The Algarve but I have no hesitation in paying it. A bottle of house white is €10.50, it's always a good accompaniment to the dining experience. I would say it's essential. L'Oasis is open at lunchtimes from 12-3 and then from 18:00 for the evening session. I always looks forward to coming here every year. Ah yes, before I forget. Ask for the house chilli oil. You will not regret it. Or maybe you will if you are a chilli lightweight.

Pros: Excellent food, Very friendly, Traditional Italian

Cons: Meat

Return to Armacao De Pera Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has L'Oasis Italiana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.