Lo Hon Buddhist Monastery

Contact 29881419

Shek Mun Kap Village, Lantau Island (at Tung Chung Rd), Outlying Islands, Hong Kong, China,

Offers a fixed day's menu. Will open weekdays when reserve 1 week ahead and minimum 10 diners. Directions: Take mini bus 34 from Tung Chung to Shek Mun Kap terminus, then walk 5 minutes. Or take Bus 3M which runs between Mui Wo ferry terminal and Tung Chung. Also bus 11 runs between Tai O and Tung Chung. Get off at Lo Hon Pavillion bus stop, then walk 10 minutes. Open Sat-Sun 12:00pm-2:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Chinese, Buddhist

First Review by SF LAW

Lo Hon Buddhist Monastery, Hong Kong - Edit

When I ate here was hkd 100 for the set meal. It was very nice. They said all the food they sell is vegan. However my confidence in that comment is undermined by when I was looking around in the dining hall, there was an empty tin of Carnation brand condensed milk.

I thought 100 hkd was a pretty reasonable deal. For 2 people they gave us soup, savouries that consisted of a small spring roll and also some of that tofu sheet stuff, and then 3 main dishes. These were some green leaves with mushroom, an egg plant dish and a mix veg dish. All were great. I am led to believe there's all serve yourself rice and congee although I didn't partake in either.

This place isn't like Po Lin where there's thousands of tourists and droves of commercial enterprises there looking make money from the tourist dollar.

Updated from previous review on 2015-05-01

Cons: Empty tin of condensed milk undermines vegan claim

A lovely meal in the Monastery! - Edit

I was taken to this restaurant last year by a friend who lives in Lantau Island. While wondering through the monastery, We decided to have a meal there. The restaurant is reasonably clean. The staff was most friendly. The food was delicious and fresh. We ordered a soup, a Malaysian style curry dish, eggplant with sesame sauce, fresh soy milk, and were recommended to finish up with an authentic Malaysian style tea with milk. Everything tasted so good and homemade. Will be back!

Pros: excellent food, healthy and homemade cousine, friendly staff

Cons: Quite basic in the restaurant

Return to Outlying Islands Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lo Hon Buddhist Monastery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.