Lo Fuo

Contact 06-65410202

3-7-20, Minamihorie, Nishiku, Osaka, Japan, 550-0015

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chinese restaurant uses soy meat and plenty of veggies. Menu includes soy mabotofu, veggie dum-sum, soy tan tan noodle, and veggie sweet n' sour soup. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:30pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Non-veg

First Review by Vegeiko

Great Food And Friendly Service - Edit

Really good food and the guy was super friendly, he didn't speak much English but was able to make clear what options were vegetarian or vegan. We walked away thoroughly satisfied! Try the sweet and sour tofu, it was great

Pros: veggie or vegan, good variety

Cons: slight language barrier

quaint restaurant serving a wide variety of veg dishes - Edit

Called them up beforehand but the chef/ owner could t understand and hence said "sorry we are closed". Something told me that I should Still go and check. I'm glad I did.
Food was very good. I ordered for crispy mock meat with cabbage, veg dim sums which came with lovely chilli oil and vinegar and also ordered for sky with shredded peppers.
All in all a good place with tasty food. One can easily eat here even if you are a big group and everyone will still get a different veg dish.
Owner / chef was very helpful and cordial.
Lovely Chinese food...

Pros: wide variety

Cons: wine only by bottle

YUM 😊😊😋😋😍😍 - Edit

Absolutely delicious meal, definitely one of the best I've had in Japan. Finally a place with vegan options in Japan that is not some macro organic tasteless boresville restaurant that takes you right out of Japan and straight back into the 'hip' part of your white neighbourhood back at home.

I had the Mapo Tofu and finally found veg dumplings/gyoza which I had been craving but unable to find. Strongly recommend.

Note: It is bang on the pin provided and not hard to find if you head for the pin.

I'll be back - Edit

Restaurants can be devilishly hard to find in Japan. But Lo Fuo in Osaka is a welcome exception. From Sakuragawa station take exit number 2. You'll see a bridge when you leave the exit. Cross the bridge and stay on the right hand side of the road. After about 2 or 3 minutes I'll see Lo Fuo on your right hand side. Easy!

Ordering from the menu can be a bit more tricky, because the chef doesn't speak a word of English. At first, my only option was mabo tofu. In the end, turned out Lo Fuo has many other options, but the owner wasn't sure wether I was a vegan or vegetarian and played it safe.

And... the vegan mabo tofu was delicious! Spicy, rich, filling and... cheap. A decent portion of rice plus mabo tofu cost 1,000 yen and that's a good deal. Also, the owner is friendly, the decor very earthy and judging by the meals on the other tables there's a lot of choice once you manage the cross the language barrier. I'll certainly be back... with a Japanese guide.

Pros: easy to find, low price, good food

Cons: no English menu

Return to Osaka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lo Fuo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.