Vegan-friendly
Beer/Wine
European
Fusion
Spanish

Vegetarian restaurant serving mostly vegan food with the exception of egg. Offers typical Spanish vegan tapas plus salads, burgers. Formerly named El Gulugu. Open Mon-Tue 13:00-16:00, 20:00-23:00, Thu-Sat 13:00-16:00, Thu 20:00-23:30, Fri-Sat 20:00-23:00.

Venue map for Lluvia
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by IdaAndersson

MrsWoodlands

Points +2241

22 Feb 2024

Great spot

Most of the menu is vegan. The vegetarian options are clearly marked. I had the epiniadas for starter. Served in a little bucket of delicious creamy sauce. I had the Thai salad for main. It was quite small but delicious and nutritious and left me space for the chocolate dessert which was a really light warm chocolate cake with berry dressing and ice cream. All the desserts were vegan - an apple pastry and a rice pudding. Probably our most expensive meal in Alicante - 65 euro for two including drinks and tip and three courses plus an amuse bouche. Definitely recommend. Helpful waitress. Nice interior.

Maakun

Points +1050

19 Feb 2024

Very tasty

Cute small place with open kitchen. Unlike the description The food was mostly asian, South American and italian inspired. The food was very tasty, and the service was great. Unlike other reviewers I think the portions were fine, and it was very clear which items were not vegan. But I would definitely go for 3 courses. Loved it.

Wirralvegan

Points +139

16 Jan 2024

Everything was just right!

I can not fault this place!
Food was filled with flavour and freshness. The gnocchi was probably the best gnocchi I've ever had!
Staff were so attentive and the place had a great atmosphere and excellent background music.

Pros: Great atmosphere and music , Freshly cooked food, Just the right sized portions

irenesm

Points +185

30 Nov 2023

Special people and delicious food

We ate at Lluvia for the first time on a rainy January evening, and the cosiness of this charming restaurant was matched by the warm welcome we received from the staff. They described every dish on the menu in detail. Service was efficient and attentive, and everything done with a big smile.

All of the dishes we chose were delicious, a small starter of empanadas with salmorejo to share, then a main each - aubergine cannelloni and a yummy pizza unlike any I've had before.

It's not often that I consider the dessert the star of the show, but their vegan rice pudding is exceptional - sweet, delicious comfort food, beautifully topped with fresh fruits.

We're not in Alicante very often but when we're next in town Lluvia will be at the top of our list.

We've been back several times since my original review and today had the Vietnamese rolls, burgers and the rice pudding which was just as gorgeous as I remembered.

Updated from previous review on 2020-01-19

Pros: Delightful staff, Delicious food

JuliaGarcíaPérez

Points +105

23 Nov 2023

El menú no se entiende

Llegamos sin reserva entre semana, bastante temprano y nos hicieron sitio, el camarero nos atendió bien, pero la comida está muy mal marcada en el menú, no está claro qué es vegano, qué lleva huevo o leche.
Las raciones son caras y pequeñas, además el local es estrecho (4 adultos y los niños encima de las rodillas ya éramos multitud). Los baños no tienen cambiador para bebés, así que tuvimos que hacer malabares con el niño.

Pros: Comida bonita, Tranquilo

Cons: Menú no se entiende, Muy caro, No es cómodo para grupos

LeFunks

Points +8198

19 Oct 2023

Tasty food / Small servings

Mains are ridiculously small and thus, overpriced. Fancied something healthy and had a mango salad for lunch which was really fresh and tasty but was so scarce that left me hungry. No complaints about the dessert though, a delicious Sachertorte which in the end barely kind of saved the experience. TBH I wouldn't come back

Pros: Tasty dishes, Desserts, Location

Cons: Small servings/overpriced, labels vegetarian but lefts vegan unlabelled

paula.sophie

Points +139

09 Sep 2023

Such a nice restaurant!

Loved this restaurant! The staff is so friendly and the atmosphere was so nice. We had a fajita and summer roll as a starter. For our main we ordered gnocchi and the mango salad. Such a big variety of vegan dishes and everything tasted fresh and homemade.

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-09

mariamc27

Points +1071

06 Sep 2023

Unreal!!

We came across this place after our first choice was closed and I’m so glad we did!! The food was delicious - especially the burrito and quesadilla! The guy who served us was so friendly too

MarcelHerbers

Points +60

02 Sep 2023

Cozy small restaurant

The food is mostly vegan and has fair prices.
The staff was friendly.
It was really tasty and I can recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Food, Staff, Ambiente

KhiaraV

Points +15

28 Jul 2023

Incredible!!

One of the best meals my non vege partner and I have had! We tried alot of different dishes and they all were so good. Highly recommend

Kata_amb_bici

Points +88

23 Jul 2023

Super saborós

Ens han sorprès els sabors... Molt!

Pros: Presentació , Sabor, Sabor

rifrif

Points +494

29 Jun 2023

Très belle découverte

Une carte vegane avec quelques propositions végétariennes
Délicieux

Pros: Très bon accueil , Délicieux raffiné

Ameliamangan

Points +228

07 Jun 2023

lovely lluvia!!

beautiful restaurant with great food! I like how it is listed under different cuisines and there is something for everyone. Service was great and staff very friendly and helpful!

RaeRaeMB

Points +98

26 May 2023

Unique and delic!

This place has a lot of fully vegan options! Good food and atmosphere. Nice service! I failed to take pics because I was too hungry! 😆

Jonka

Points +746

08 May 2023

Elaborate and tasty

I had the Vietnamese roll and asparagus hot dog - both were flavoursome and elaborate. Nice lo-fi decor and very friendly staff. All dishes are vegan apart from a few vegetarian meals that are clearly labelled. I will definitely be back to try more

hlgx

Points +2146

07 Mar 2023

Different foods from all over the world

There were many choices from different cuisines all over the world. Everything tested delicious.

Cayetana

Points +788

07 Jan 2023

Comida muy elaborada y deliciosa

Un sitio pequeño en el centro de Alicante con un carta pequeña pero deliciosa. Comida de 3 continentes

Updated from previous review on 2022-09-09

Pros: Elaboración, Explosión de sabores, Local

Cons: No dejan entrar con perro

praktijkopwielen

Points +69

22 Dec 2022

Beste verjaardagsdiner ooit

Hier heb ik mijn verjaardag gevierd en hadden eigenlijk ergens anders gereserveerd, maar dat was niet echt een gezellige plek. Bij de buren had ik eerder d ze week koffie gedronken en herinnerde mij dit schattige restaurantje en wat een geluk bij een ongeluk!! Een hele leuke kaart met hele lekkere kleine gerechtjes. Met zijn 3e 80 euro kwijt en alles gegeten wat we wilde en 2 drankjes p.p.

Pros: Meer vegan dan vega, Uniek en goed te betalen, Heel lekker

anjanadevarakonda

Points +68

29 Nov 2022

Lots of options

Each item we ordered tasted unique and the service was very good. We took the staff's recommendation on the dessert and were pleased with it.
The ambience was good and the timings worked well for us.

StacieNethercott

Points +213

26 Nov 2022

Delicious!

This was by far the best food we had in Alicante. Everything was so flavoursome and the staff were really friendly.

PatriBi

Points +82

29 Sep 2022

Encantador y delicioso

Me encanta, repetiré seguro😊

Pros: Opciones veganas y sin gluten, Delicioso, Repetiré

SofiaP

Points +201

26 Sep 2022

Super flavourful food

Great restaurant in the heart of Alicante. The burrito was AMAZING - loved the spices and textures. Would definitely get it again!

Pros: Delicious, fresh & well-seasoned food., Mostly all vegan options! , Good location and seating area

indigoviolet

Points +49

27 Aug 2022

Delicious, best vegan food in Alicante

Lluvia is absolutely outstanding. The atmosphere and ambience of the restaurant is excellent and the staff were so friendly and professional. The menu has a great variety of dishes, and everything we ordered was absolutely delicious made with fresh ingredients. The parmigiana was exceptional. Great value for money and a lovely experience.

Pros: Exceptionally delicious dishes , Excellent value for money , Wonderful ambience

BegoC

Points +17

25 Jul 2022

Se cena bien

El risotto, el bao y el arroz con leche de postre están espectaculares.

linelang

Points +11

Mostly Veg
15 Jul 2022

Absolutely loved the food and staff.

The food was very delicious - the best I had in Alicante for sure. We had the 7 course menu/tapas, some wine and desert.

Updated from previous review on 2022-07-15

DistinctlyPlain

Points +60

14 Jun 2022

Food looks higher quality than it is

Almost all vegan menu with just 2 (just go all vegan imo) vegetarian options (misleading marked with the vegan 'V' symbol). Nice place with a chill atmosphere but it's too expensive for the portion sizes.
Also while the food dishes look amazing, they unfortunately don't taste half as good as they look.

Updated from previous review on 2022-06-13

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Pleasant atmosphere

Cons: Expensive , Small portions , Average tasting

Gem Uchi

Points +1108

22 May 2022

Comida rica pero poca cantidad

La comida estaba rica pero las raciones de los platos principales parecen entrantes, son bastante pequeñas y a 12 o 13€ de media por plato sale un poco caro. Un entrante y dos principales con una botella de agua pequeña y uno de los postres más económicos nos salió por 42€. Para mi gusto se debería aumentar la cantidad de los principales. Yummy food but scarce quantity so you feel like you have to go somewhere else to finish eating...

Pros: Comida rica

Cons: Poca cantidad , Caro