Living Well Bistro

Contact 503-261-4422

10000 SE Main St (at Adventist Medical Center), Portland, Oregon, USA, 97216

The first all-vegan restaurant in a hospital, designed to serve the public and those interested in health and wellness. Provides vegan fusion fare, local, organic, and freshly made with many live food options and at affordable prices. Also features a retail marketplace. Mon-Thu 7:00am-6:00pm, Fri 7:00am-2:30pm Mon-Thur: grab'n'go only after 5:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by carey

Love this place - Edit

It's strange that I drive to a hospital for lunch, but in addition to being one of the only vegan places east of I-205, the food here is super tasty with many healthful and gluten-free options. It's inexpensive too, unless you are sucked in like I am by the yummy soft-serve or baked goods that call your name while you're ordering. The staff have been very nice and my orders always come up quickly.

Pros: All-vegan, Lots of gluten-free, Breakfast!

Cons: Closed on weekends, Closed evenings

Best Hospital Food Ever! - Edit

Is it really weird that we go out of our way when we are hungry to drive to a hospital? :)
They food is so good! All their food is also VEGAN!

Love the pizza and the tacos! Harest thing is deciding on what to order. You cannot go wrong with one taco in each of the three flavors... it is a making my mouth water just thinking about their yummy Soy Curlz.

Pros: Great Food, Usually Quick

Cons: Hospital Parking (Not too bad usually), Some staff are kinds rude

loved it! - Edit

it made me so happy to come to a lovely vegan restaurant AT A HOSPITAL!! hours later and I am still amused by this. plus they have a little shop and sell vita-mixes and dehydrators and books about veganism. Portland never ceases to amaze me. the price of the food was a bargain and it felt and tasted healthy and delicious. I am a new fan for sure!

Always pleased - Edit

We have tried several of the deli's specials and have always been pleased. Our favorite to grab for a nutritious, quick dinner are their Quinoa bowls (Quinoa served over healthy, beautiful greens; garnished with chopped tomato and a light, very tasty & slightly tangy dressing. They will add tempeh, soy curls or tofu at a small additional cost.

One of our other favorites are their yogurt parfaits, which are so popular that it's often difficult to get one. Their own house-made granola with cranberries is layered at the bottom, followed by a wonderful vanilla-creme yogurt. Finished off with fresh strawberry slices and blueberries. It's wonderful and a more healthy selection for dessert.

Pros: Excellent food; never had anything bad., Reasonable value (cost/portion), Very friendly and helpful staff.

Cons: Some menu items are difficult to get., Sometimes closes early.

Nice vegan cafe, a tad pricey - Edit

Stopped into this cafe while attending a medical appointment with a friend and his grandfather. Very nice ambiance! Tidy, inviting, clean. Everything looked so good, but we only stopped in for a small snack, so I had the Black Bean Soft Taco* $3.00
A corn tortilla filled with pine nut cheese, spicy black beans and Daiya cheese, topped with shredded romaine and fresh salsa,
and a Rosemary Apple Scone, an unusual and delicious bakery treat. The soft taco was delicious, made a pretty presentation, and was surprisingly filling for a snack. And I wanted the recipe for the scone, it was delicious as well. $5.25 for the two. Nice extensive menu.
Some of the other items seemed a tad pricey, so for those on limited budget. The staff was attentive and friendly. Will definitely go again, and I look forward to trying their other items.

Pros: Healthy vegan cuisine, Quiet, Clean

Cons: Freindly staff

Great Place! - Edit

We ordered the Tempeh Sausage Pizza and the special - which was Quinoa Pasta with Winter Veggies. Both were yummy! It's nice to go to a place where everything is vegan, so no guessing needed! They even have cookbooks and supplies for sale - which I am addicted to.

Pros: Healthy selection, Excellent food, Bright and cheerful

Cons: inside the hospital

Drawing from the Well - Edit

I had the black bean soft taco and the soy curls soft taco with a bottle of lemonade. Very tasty. The staff was friendly and served me quickly. I was surprised by how inexpensive each item was. I will definitely be going back. Next time I'm trying the Live Pasta with Zucchini, Olives, Spinach, Basil, and Pine Nuts.

Pros: great tasty food, clean and quiet, friendly

Cons: closes early on Friday

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Living Well Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6152 times since Jan 2012.