Living Kitchen - South End

Contact 704-333-0008

2000 South Blvd Ste 300, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 28203

One of a few locations in NC serving contemporary vegan and mostly raw food cuisine with has smoothie and juice bar, nut and seed milks. Mar 2017 reported no longer serving bee products - please confirm. This location was formerly Luna's Living Kitchen. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Fusion, Gluten-free

First Review by bostont11

Outstanding Experience - Edit

My family and I had a perfect meal! Food was excellent and atmosphere was lovely and inviting. We had the Mock Tuna Salad Sandwich with Broccoli Waldorf, Fire And Brimstone burger with Cauliflower Rice, Lunasagna with Local Green Salad, and an Avacado and Basil sandwich with a Beet Salad, and everything was prepared to perfection! Only complaints were the dressing on the salad, which I believe was hemp, was very overpowering and none of us enjoyed it, and their table top planetariums hadn't been watered to the plants were dead, but the food and service was exceptional and we will be returning. I recommend this to all!

Beautiful food and restaurant - Edit

I usually don't recommend taking non-vegan family here for their first vegan experience if they aren't used to eating healthy food. Seriously, the fresh, veg-forward menu could turn them off if they order the wrong thing. On the other hand, it could win them over, because they do such a good job.

They don't advertise themselves as vegan and you'll be hard pressed to find vegan listed anywhere on the menu or restaurant, but no worries.

My favorite, the Rawco Taco is sure to please. It has so many good flavors and a delicious hot sauce. They also have outdoor seating if the weather is nice.

Pros: Totally vegan (except for a wine or two), Beautiful Space and patio, Healthy

Cons: A little pricey, might leave hungry

A love story... - Edit

Charlotte is one of my favorite cities, so when I moved to the west coast.. I had to also leave Luna's.

I have been a handful of times to this location and can say without a shadow of a doubt that Luna's is in my top three favorite vegan restaurants of all time.

Fun memory: I brought my mom here last year, I wasn't sure if she would be a fangirl like me. However after taking her first bite we came to a complete silence and didn't talk until we were done scarfing down our delicious meals. She loved the avocado & basil sandwich!

Favorite items: Mock tuna salad sandwich on a collard wrap. Fresh made ginger ale. Cookies & milk for dessert. There are too many items to just choose one.

They just opened a location in Raleigh. Of course right after we moved away, ha-ha.

Pros: Menu filled with endless options, Friendly staff, Beautiful location

Wonderful Food - Edit

My wife and I enjoyed lunch there. Our server was amazingly knowledgeable. The food was outstanding. I don't know what they put in their bread, but it was the best bread I have ever had. We will definitely be returning!
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 03, 2016

Pros: Great food, Great staff

Cons: limited seating

Great Food - Edit

Ate at Luna's for the first time on Saturday. The food was great!!! The people were awesome. Cannot wait to eat there again. :) The hummus is to die for. :) Best I have ever had!!! :)

Pros: Excellent food, Large portions, Friendly staff

so healthy and delicious! - Edit

Everything here was really healthy which I appreciate. Usually vegan restaurants rely so much on fake meat and fake cheese but this place focuses on veggies and the result is delicious! It was so good I came here twice when I was traveling for work. I'll go there again when I'm back in town! Also the people are all really nice and the atmosphere is lovely.

Pros: healthy food, fair prices , delicious

Yummy smoothies! - Edit

I like this restaurant because I can eat anything on the menu. They have great smoothies.

The taste of the food was kind of meh, so I'm taking off one happy cow head for that, but besides that everything was great. I tried some sort of sandwich, and my friend had the raw lasagna which I tried some of. Neither wowed me. I got a side of cauliflower rice that was plain not good.

Pros: Smoothies, nice atmosphere, committed to the raw & vegan cause

Cons: the food lacked fantastic flavor

Must Try! - Edit

My friend recently moved to Charlotte and she frequently tries to accommodate me. We came here, and have been back sense ! I would go to heaven if they opened another location in Asheville! The food is literally just so amazing. Beverages are as well. Service was great, delicious raw options! Please go try!

life is for the living - Edit

Trendy vegan eatery next to PureBody Fitness Studio and the Atherton Market with outside seating and wifi. The menu is deep and diverse. From Pressed Juices and Chia Breakfast Bowls to Vegan Burgers and Kale Salads you won't be disappointed. My fav was the Living Burrito, Cauliflower Rice and Dandy Greens juice. Feeling alive!

Pros: many options, green juices and smoothies , wifi

Cons: none

food and service belie the fashionable and elitist veneer - Edit

from the architecture and menu design I anticipated an experience that would alienate anyone seeking a sustaining meal. Luna's fealty to the "health" demographic is expressed through its marketing and prices- it's food and service are comforting and delicious - though a bit staid. While the Pho was questionably Vietnamese: "did they bring the wrong item?," the burgers and their sides all satisfied the urge for hand held ground round gratification. leaf wrapped burritos were packed and the servings all ample. non-vegan kids (yrs 4-12) all cleaned their plates! Ginger ale was spicy and the juice was heady.

Pros: service

Cons: cleanse menu was off-putting.

Fresh, Delicious Flavor - Edit

Wonderful experience! I had the sweet potato sushi, and the Living Burrito. Everything that came out of the kitchen looked amazing. Portion size is generous, and it's all fresh, delicious vegan flavor. Amazing.

Perfection! - Edit

Pretty much everything about Luna's is perfect, from the decor to the food. The staff is super friendly and knowledgable and they make great suggestions so just ask them. We recommend the lasagna and the burger and the collard wrap, but we've never had anything bad here. You don't have to be a vegetarian or vegan enjoy this! So just go. It's VERY popular so be prepared to wait, even at 2pm on a Saturday. It's worth it.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 03, 2015

Pros: Knowledgable staff, Nice vibe, Excellent food

Cons: Sometimes a long wait

Absolutlly amazing! - Edit

The location is very modern with an open kitchen and an inside/outside eating area. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the most important thing, the food, is outstanding! Very fresh and yummy meals and smoothies. Go there for a remarkable food experience.

Wonderful Raw Cuisine in Charlotte! - Edit

Though I live on almost exclusively fruit and simple salads, I always try to support local raw vegan establishments and so my quick trip through Charlotte, NC included a stop at Luna's Kitchen, where I found a beautiful environment, friendly staff, and delicious fare. While some items looked more complex than I prefer, my meal was fresh, satisfying, and delicious, and I felt great afterward.

Don't miss Luna's Kitchen if you're going to be in Charlotte!

Pros: delicious food, wonderful ambiance, outdoor seating

Cons: some items were a little pricey, very helpful server didn't know all

Amazing Breakfast! - Edit

Thanks to Happy Cow app we were able to find this awesome place. I had the Biblical Breakfast and it was absolutely delicious! If you like latte's you will not be disappointed! A Starbucks soy latte will never be the same :) we wish there was a Luna's in Charleston!! AND totally affordable!

Return to Charlotte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Living Kitchen - South End closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.