CLOSED: Living Foods Cafe

Contact 757-685-4325

1209 Independence Blvd Ste 101, Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA, 23455

Located inside The Essential Wellness Center, this cafe providing all natural, organic, raw food cuisine. JUL 2014 REPORTED SHUT DOWN, WEBSITE NOT WORKING; only wellness center still exists.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, All Raw

First Review by pentagoth79

Poor Service - Edit

I drove there and found it with the help of the other reviews. When I walked in there was a young girl behind the counter and I asked her if they served food there. She said yes and looked confused. The real employee came out and said they weren't serving any food and didn't care to give me anymore information about the establishment so I left and found Fruitive. They were much more pleasant.

Good. healthy food! - Edit

I have had food from the Living Foods Cafe three or four times- once eat-in, twice takeout, and once delivered (yes, they deliver, for a 500 charge, but I think you have to be in a certain radius from the cafe). They have different menus depending on the season-- and they have a chef now so I can't say what the menu is. One thing I was going to recommend, an endive or kale wrap, is no longer on the menu. The N.D. director used to make the meals and they were very good, so with a professional chef, they must be terrific! They are organic, vegan and raw, but you won't miss cooked after you have this food! The wraps were delicious, but the choc almond shake almost had to be chewed because the nuts were coarse ground instead of fine ground,,not sure why. Good, but not very sweet so I added Stevia at home. The veggie cream soup was excellent. I want to try more things and I may write another review after that with more details...

Pros: Fresh and tasty, friendly service, Clean atmosphere

Cons: stabbed myself on hidden toothpicks , Hard seats- not very relaxing

Yummy and unique Kale Salad - Edit

This all-vegan place (hopefully HC will update it from Veg to Vegan) is, as the other reviewer noted, not obvious. But just go the medical building and they have a little sign out on the curb once you're in the parking lot.

It really is best to order ahead, as it's not really set up as a restaurant. That said, I arrived unannounced and they immediately set about making me the Gingered Beet and Kale Salad. It was delicious, a unique dressing which went well with the kale.

I also had a green juice.

Didn't have time for a massage :-)

Pros: Good food, Very friendly staff

Cons: Not set up for spontaneous groups

Delicous & Nutritious - Edit

This place was a little difficult to find. They didn't put their sign out and it doesn't look like a restaurant at all. That's because, it's really not. It's a small kitchen located inside a medical building. The chef is actually an ND who prepares raw vegan food for her patients and the public. I'm not sure why it only comes up as vegetarian because all the food and definitely raw vegan.
They were out of some of the things we tried to order but our meal was really good and the dessert I got, "pudding" with berries was super good!
It's a little more pricey because of the fresh ingredients and the service is pretty slow as she doesn't really have any help.

Pros: Healthy, Nutritious, Delicious

Cons: Slow Service, Ingredients Out Of Stock

Return to Virginia Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Living Foods Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3699 times since Apr 2012.