CLOSED: Live Island Cafe

Contact 631-923-1831

201C E Main St (at on Long Island), Huntington, New York, USA, 11743

Raw and living foods founded by raw food chef, author and educator Okima. Mostly vegan, except for bee pollen offered in drinks. Also offers raw food preparation courses. JUN 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN, PHONE NOT WORKING - REMOVED.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Juice bar, All Raw

First Review by hrefna

Fantastic, Imaginative, Raw Veggie Food - Edit

This is a take out restaurant only, the food is sitting in a display case & you pick out what you want to eat. Everything in the case is raw and vegan. I chose the amazingly good value sampler: one entree, two sides, a soup & a dessert for $15. They didn't have any soup today so I was given an extra side instead. I chose the soft taco for my entree and it was amazingly delicious, a spicy walnut pate with lots of delicious toppings all wrapped in a lettuce leaf. My next favorite item was my side of sushi, two pretty bonbons with parsnip "rice" that was utterly yummy. The Pad Thai was great too, lots of veggies in a creamy curry sauce that scented my car so beautifully that I was drooling by the time I got my food home. My only disappointment was the fact that I ordered felafel as my third side and I didn't get any in my sampler. I seem to have been given tabouleh instead - it was very nice, but I wanted felafel. Wires must have got crossed somewhere. Apart from that everything was great - I ordered a smoothie as well, which was made just for me from ingredients I chose from their list. I got coconut water, frozen fruits (pineapple, peach & mango), ginger and cinnamon (the cinnamon was suggested by the person who served me, and it made a wonderful balance to the ginger.)

I'm not a raw foodie, but I love the care & imagination that they put into their delicious food, and that I can eat everything they serve and that the only thing I had to decide was what I felt like eating. I was very happy with my Live Island experience, and I'll definitely be back.

Pros: Delicious, Inventive, Good Value

Cons: Take-out Only

Return to Huntington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Live Island Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 243 times since Oct 2011.