Live Foods Cafe - temporarily closed

926 Maleny-Montville Rd, Maleny, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, 4552

Cafe and art gallery, opened Mar 2014. Food is vegan and gluten-free except for dairy milk for coffee. Weekly changing desserts, cooked and raw food. Serves organic coffee. NOTE: closed until Sep 2017. Open Thu-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Australian

First Review by ClarkeVincent

delicious plantbased wholefoods - Edit

if you are looking for wholesome fresh and filling foods then this is the place to be! highly recommend the ice chai (comes with coconut ice cream, yum!)
I'm generally a junk food vegan but even I can't stay away from the salads and raw tart! they source the produce from local farms and it is all spray free too.

Pros: friendly staff, delicious food, great prices

Cons: only con is they offer dairy milk as an option for

A trip up the mountain - Edit

Me and my hubby decided to go for a drive after Christmas holidays and we decided to go to the Sunshine Coast we had heard of restaurant up Maleny way that we hadn't been to, this place was fantastic it made up all expectations the food was delicious and the staff very friendly the red lentil dahl was so tasty + the nachos and nibbles plate we had a tiny space left in our tummies for dessert so I had the sweet cherry pie & hubby had the chocolate ganache this place is a must if your in Maleny way

Pros: most of the menu

Cons: cows milk for coffee but the is plant mylks

Worth the drive to Maleny - Edit

I have been to Live Foods Cafe a number of times now and it is worth the drive to Maleny just to have a nice lunch.

The menu is simple, but very tasty. The tarts, the salads, the soup, the hot drinks and all desserts are yum, yum yum.

Presented beautifully and the service is friendly and quick.

Pros: Hot drinks are divine, All meals I have had are excellent, Great pices

amazing food, fresh, full of soul - Edit

Amazing raw food. Awesome salads. Raw cakes are to die for

Pros: all food are vegan , good price for raw food, freshly made

Cons: cow's milk on offer

Nice mix of raw and cooked food - Edit

Someone here really knows how to prepare simple, yummy vegan food. Go to Maleny and try it yourself.

Pros: Great mix of healthyraw and cooked food, Really yummy

What a RAW Food Experiance!!! - Edit

Wow.. We found this amazing place in the hinterland of Sunny Queensland Australia (Maleny). The food and Raw cakes were out of this world and "exceptional" Andy, the owner was the best host I've found in a Raw food café. He went out of his way to make our raw food journey memorable and exciting. The café had a great energy too... Andy is a Vegan ambassador for Australia and holds regular "Health Food Talks". Well done guys.

Pros: Great Raw Vegan Food , Amazing Host and Staff , Health Education

Perfect Afternoon Tea Treat - Edit

My partner and I visited Maleny last Saturday - such a beautiful drive through the hinterland. We came across Live Foods Cafe by chance - how lucky were we! The food is amazing (we had a dessert treat, duo of salad and a green smoothie). The food was delicious and filling. Next door is also a wellness centre which is perfect! The owners had a great chat with my partner and I and both were full of great knowledge of raw foods, nutrition and gut health. Can't wait to visit again!

Pros: Beautiful Food, Wonderful, Positive Peple, Location - Next to the Wellness Centre

Excellent - Edit

We had a very tasty tart and salad and then the best raw dessert ever!This was a good sized slice of mocha 'cheesecake'.Clean ,nice setting and friendly service.

Pros: Hygienic, Fantastic raw dessert, Friendly

Amazing!!! - Edit

Wow what can I say?! Officially one of my favorite vegan cafes. Andy was so lovely and friendly, the food is absolutely amazing... So full of flavor! I was too full to try any of the deserts but they looked so good! The atmosphere and location of the cafe is just beautiful, I wish I lived near here so I could go more often. They sell a small selection of books, nuts and nut cheese too.

Pros: atmosphere, big selection of food

Sensational!! - Edit

Great, friendly service and the food was amazing. We had soup, salads and desserts, all beautifully presented and exceptionally tasty. Can't wait to go again.

Pros: Friendly Service, Welcoming Owner, Amazing Food

Truly what the name stands for - Edit

Wife and I ate lunch at this very nice location during the Easter break. The food is great and fresh. They have a great variety of desserts too, though we didn't try them. The fresh juices are amazing. We can't wait to go there again. The reason for 4 stars is mainly because of my crazy appetite, so I would appreciate a slightly bigger quantity but that might be too much for others.

Pros: Quality of food, location, service

Thar's Gold in them thar hills - Edit

Went here for lunch on my birthday and it was absolutely perfect. Its a beautifully decorated cafe up in scenic Maleny. The owners and staff were cheery, welcoming, chatty and efficient despite being busy. We tried two different raw pizza slices and a trio of salads and all were delicious and filling. So many unusual but phenomenal tastes - these guys really know how to add special touches to make food look and taste fantastic. Since it was my birthday we decided to force ourselves to eat cake and these are great too - really up with the best (raw) desserts I have ever eaten.
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 25, 2014

Pros: Very tasty raw food, plenty of space, owner is a vegan advocate

Cons: 30m drive from my house

Return to Sunshine Coast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Live Foods Cafe - temporarily closed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.