REMOVED: Little Tokyo

Contact 504-485-5658

310 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70119

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegetarian sushi options available. Located on street car line on way to City Park. Removed for poor vegan options.

Category: Japanese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by koobcam

Sushi restaurant don't expect vegan options - Edit

Ok sushi restaurant. Not many vegan options so I would look around at others if it's a requirement. Prices also tend to be a bit on the higher side compared to other sushi restaurants. Nevertheless, good atmosphere and open late.

Pros: Open late, Nice decor

Cons: Prices

Not much to choose from - Edit

Our vegan lunch: tofu steak, miso soup, vegetable tempura, and the only 2 veg rolls on the menu. Besides those items, spring rolls and vegetable hibachi are the only veg options that we saw. The tofu steak appetizer really was amazing and was the highlight of the meal (highly recommended). All in all, pretty standard and we were a little let down. At least the service was good - our waiter knew the menu well and helped us order vegan.

Pros: Service, Best Tofu Steak

Cons: Menu

You will starve - Edit

The restaurant is nice and well designed. The staff is friendly and polite. However....

This is a sushi restaurant. They prepare fish. Vegans are not their target demographic. They have three things to offer you. Mushroom rolls, veggie rolls, and a ginger and carrot side salad. The rolls were nothing spectacular. The salad was good.

My waitress didn't know what vegan was, but was happy to help me after I explained.

Don't come here to fill up. It's just not for vegans (or vegetarians).

Pros: Friendly Staff, Nice Decor

Cons: Not for Vegans

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Little Tokyo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 163 times since Mar 2008.