• Little Tokyo

Vegan-friendly
Japanese
Beer/Wine
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Japanese restaurant offering vegetable based dishes including agedashi tofu, seaweed salad, veg tempura and sushi rolls. There are also options for a lunch bento box. Specify vegan when ordering. Open Mon 11:00am-9:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Venue map for Little Tokyo
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by katypine

DianaRambles

Points +418

21 Oct 2019

Confirm ingredients!!

This was 1 of only 2 vegan friendly places listed for Galena. I already ate at the other so we went here. I made it clear that I was a vegan and didn't eat animal products. The server said they'd make the California roll and gyoso with veggies only. My bento box showed up with fried rice containing egg. Server looked puzzled when we alerted him, but he promptly brought steam rice. Despite that, the meal was delicious!

Pros: Lots of items in the bento box.

Cons: Make sure you ask carefully about ingredients!

katypine

Points +511

26 Sep 2019

Good Vegan Choice for the area

We were visiting in the area, searching through the listings on Happy Cow for something the whole family would like. Most places seemed like their main vegan offering was just a burger. As we walked down the main street, we spied this Japanese place. I did some basic sleuthing on the menu and it seemed appropriate. I didn't ask too many questions (like whether the miso soup has a vegetable base, or traditional fish base) but the veggie tempura, agedashi tofu, and the 5 veggie sushi rolls were pretty good! The vegan kids were happy, and the non-veg family members were happy, too!

Pros: Good variety in a homogenous area

Cons: Dark dining area in bar, TV over bar