Little Seed by Firefly

100 Russell St, Toowoomba, Queensland, 4350

Trendy design cafe near the city centre, reported to have turned vegan in 2017. Offers seasonal menu. Full espresso bar. Previously named The Firefly Cafe. Open Wed-Sat 7:00am-3:00pm, Fri 5:30pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Australian

First Review by necius

delicious vegan food - Edit

Little Seed by Firefly is located next to Wray organics in Russell Street ... it's an upmarket restaurant with lots of delicious vegan options for breakfast and lunch ... there is both inside and outside seating (near the raised garden beds at the front of the restaurant) ... I had a vegie burger ($22) that was very well presented on the plate and tasted fresh and delicious ... the blackbean patty was very nice and the salad vegies were fresh and crisp ... not the cheapest vegie burger I have eaten but certainly one of the best ... staff are very friendly and helpful ... eftpos available

Pros: lots of delicious vegan food

Cons: no wifi :-(

Decent vegan food in Toowoomba - Edit

I went to The Firefly Café for a lazy Friday lunch with my girlfriend. After having to find somewhere to park (the café’s small car park was full) we walked in and were told to take a seat.

The décor of the place was nice. It had an industrial hipster look to it, being located in what looks like an old warehouse, with mismatched furniture. In front of the building were a few veggie patches, which looked as if they haven't been thoroughly tended to for the winter.

The menu itself was quite small, but there were two Vegan options, and they were clearly marked. I chose to have a roasted butternut squash salad. Ordinarily I wouldn't choose a salad over a veggie burger, but the description was interesting. Upon ordering, we were given a small cow figurine for our table, a cute touch.

When my salad came out, I discovered that it most certainly was interesting. Ordinarily when I, as a vegan, order a salad at a non-vegan restaurant it's some variation on a garden salad. This was not the case at The Firefly Café. The base of the salad was a quarter of a butternut squash, roasted and sitting nicely on my plate. On top of the butternut squash was quite a generous helping of dahl, cucumbers, some kind of sprouts, and a tomatoey sauce. I have to say that this salad was definitely a meal, something that's quite rare, unfortunately.

Overall my impression was pretty good. While not as good as many other places I've been, Toowoomba doesn't have a lot of options for Vegans, so it gets extra marks there. It's definitely the pricier end of moderate, but mostly worth the money. Ultimately, if you're Vegan and stuck in Toowoomba for lunch, you may not have many options, so giving The Firefly Café a try is worth it.

Pros: Interesting menu, Good Food

Cons: Not much parking, A bit pricey

Return to Toowoomba Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Little Seed by Firefly closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.