CLOSED: Little Phatisserie

• Vegetarian

Contact 07597-616723

19 Endwell Rd, Bexhill, England, TN40 1EA

Vegetarian coffee shop offering also vegan, gluten free, raw and low sugar options. Makes, biscuits, savory treats, soups, entrees, paninis. Monthly live music and evening meal events (purchase tickets in advance). JUL 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Raw, Western, Take-out, Bakery, English

First Review by Kathleen Fulton

Good cafe in Bexhill - excellent for vegans - Edit

A nice cafe in the centre of Bexhill which is also open some evenings as well.

The staff are very friendly and the owner is vegan, so although this is a vegetarian cafe, the focus is definitely on veganism.

They seem to have a standard cafe menu with sandwiches, paninis etc but they also seem to mix up the rest of the menu quite a lot and have different events on. On Sundays they serve roast dinners and I have been to pizza nights and a quiz evening.

The food can be a bit hit and miss at times but in general it is very good.

Pros: friendly staff, lots of variety

Cons: food can be a bit hit and miss

Delicious Vegan Breakfast - Edit

This is a lovely vegan/vegetarian cafe serving breakfast, lunch and lots of sweet treats. There was a good selection of panini's to choose from as well a freshly made soups and specials. We opted for the all-day vegan breakfast which was delicious. It was a big serving with a bit of everything you could think of, including a vegan sausage, bacon, tofu scramble, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and toast! It was presented really nicely and I especially enjoyed the scrambled tofu.

Although we were stuffed after breakfast, we finished off with a slice of one of the vegan cakes. It was really good, well worth squeezing in!

The staff were friendly and helpful, and we would definitely go back next time we are in the area.

Pros: Delicious vegan breakfast, Good value, Good selection of vegan options

Awesome - Edit

My boyfriend and I -- both vegan -- visited this place twice during our 2 days in Bexhill. The food was great, with plenty of vegan options, including paninis with vegan cheese and yummy cake. The staff were also great and had no problems advising what was vegan.

Can't believe it's in Bexhill! - Edit

So brilliant that the wave of vegan-friendly-ness in Sussex has reached Bexhill!
The Phatisserie is at the station end of Endwell Road, with a smart clean eat-in area, a table outside and take-away options if you're grabbing a lunchbox for work or on the way to the beach.
Everything is veggie and there were plenty of vegan options. I had a beany chilli with cornbread and salad which was really tasty. The mint and lemon dressing on the salad meant it was a great accompaniment to the chilli and yummy bread. I also tried the chocolate cake because, well, how could I not? Big spongy cake with the richest thickest gooey chocolate topping ever.
Very friendly considerate service. I'll be back!
Updated from previous review on Friday November 08, 2013

Pros: Vegan options in Bexhill!, Right by the station in the town centre, Cake!

Really great, friendly cafe. - Edit

I visited Little Phatisserie for the first time today and very much enjoyed the experience. Great service, the staff were all very friendly and helpful when me and my friends enquired what the vegan options were(There were plenty i'm pleased to say!) I had a cooked breakfast, it was a really good size, everything included in what you'd want from a cooked brekkie and most importantly every mouthful was very tasty!My friends had lasagne and garlic bread with salad, paninis with salad, hot chocolate, chocolate milkshake (and yes all i'm listing was vegan!) and everyone enjoyed their food. It's good value and i like the relaxed atmosphere of the place. Unfortunately i was too full for dessert but that just means an excuse to go back..not that i need one, it's a great place!

Pros: All veggie, very vegan friendly., Great food., Friendly staff.

Cons: I live too far away!

I love it! - Edit

A lovely and friendly little place. Spinach lasagne is yummy and the soups are all great. I can't resist finishing with a lovely piece of vegan cake. The garlic bread is scrummy and loaded with garlic.
Well worth a visit!

Finally ! Vegan delights in Bexhill :D - Edit

How wonderful to finally have somewhere with vegan options where I don't have to explain what it means! Freshly made delicious soups, bakes, paninis, salads and pasta dishes. Progress in the UK has been made on a large scale along vegetarian lines, but non meat options usually include egg, milk, honey, cheese etc. This is primarily a vegetarian cafe, and the magic is in the flexibility - you only need to say if you have a requirement for vegan, nut free, dairy free, gluten free, and what's available that day will be made clear. The coffee is definitely my firm favourite in Bexhill. The display of cakes and pastries is very tempting. Do check the latest news at Little Phatisserie as there are special dates for an evening meal with music, veggie/vegan breakfast on Saturdays and new dates to come for occasional Sunday lunch. I eat there regularly, and I love it :D

Pros: veggie/vegan & allergy free choices, Flexible daily varieties freshly made, Welcoming and well priced

Cons: I can't eat there as often as I'd like.

Return to Bexhill Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Little Phatisserie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2305 times since Nov 2013.