Little Green Hive

• Other
Contact 540-400-7890

16 Church Ave SW (at Jefferson St), Roanoke, Virginia, USA, 24011

An independently owned coffee and smoothie bar located in historic downtown. Features locally roasted, fair trade and organic coffee from Red Rooster Coffee Roasters (Floyd, VA), teas, handcrafted smoothies with fresh ingredients and health boosting supplements, spicy chai, as well as locally sourced edibles and treats, with vegan and gluten-free options.

First Review by V3ganFoodie

Coconut Milk? Yes, Please - Edit

When I saw coconut milk listed as an optional milk replacement, I knew I had to go for it in a cappuccino! The Little Green Hive had the standard soy and almond milk alternatives listed as well. If you aren't a coffee lover, they had a fair number of tea offerings as well. I enjoyed the plain coffee more than the cappuccino, but I don't think that had much to do with the taste as much as my personal preference. The cappuccino had a creaminess and depth of flavor that was beyond anything else I had had in Roanoke. I encourage vegans to try this place.

Also, they have a lot of desserts, I didn't ask if they were vegan and they weren't labelled as such, so I have to plan for the worst here.

Pros: Coconut, Soy, and Almond Milk Options, Bright with Ample Seating Space, Very Clean

Return to Roanoke Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Little Green Hive closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1059 times since Nov 2013.