Little Bear Cafe

Contact 0577-372525

The Teddy Bear Ecology Museum, Takayama, Japan, 94112

On same street near the Hida Folk Museum at 岐阜県高山市西之一色町3-829-4. The Teddy Bear Ecology Museum runs a vegetarian cafe in the building next door. Offers salad wraps, a raw porridge dish, pizza, has soy milk for coffee. 2014 reported no longer has pizza on menu. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western

First Review by Shauna333

Cute veggie cafe with small menu and teddy bears - Edit

Near the Hida Folk Village, this is a handy veggie place beside the Teddy Bear Museum.

Menu is very small, but all vegetarian and quite fresh. Salads, pizza and some Japanese stuff.

Handy place to pop into on your to/from the village.

No veggie hot dogs any more :(

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Teddy bears, Wifi

Cons: Limited menu

Yummy Cake in a Teddybear Museum! - Edit

I stayed in Takayama a couple of days and visited hidanosato, which was right next to the Teddybear Eco Village, so I popped down. The staff didn't speak much English, but I showed a card with a list of the things I cannot eat (I'm vegetarian) and the lady was really helpful, pointing out that the stew bowl, which I really wanted to try, was made with fish dashi. She advised I had the healthy salad bowl, but it was freezing outside, and I wanted something hot, so went for pizza and a piece of pumpkin chiffon cake. The cake was bought out with a small salad first, then about 15 minutes later the pizza. I can't guarantee the cheese was vegetarian, and it wasn't the best pizza I'd ever had, but the chiffon cake was to die for, complete with tiny teddy biscuits!

It has a small selection of food, drink and cakes. It's not cheap, with my meal (including a soft drink) coming to Y2000, but it was filling and the cafe was in a lovely location. It is next to the Museum, so if you just wanted to eat here, without going in the Museum, you can. I had to go into the Musuem, it was cute but really small - would be great for kids!

They had a small selection of goods for sale, including cans of veggie curry, soy meat, oils, nut butters and snacks. They also had a selection of Japanese vegetarian magazines to read whilst having lunch.

Pros: Friendly staff, Family friendly atmosphere, Small shop with veggie goods

Cons: Food just ok, Fairly expensive

Return to Takayama Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Little Bear Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1614 times since Mar 2010.