Little Asia

Contact 804-303-9563

3991 Glenside Dr, Richmond, Virginia, USA, 23228

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian fusion restaurant, opened Mar 2014. Menu includes several vegetable and tofu dishes that are vegan suitable, like ma po tofu, beancurd homestyle, thai curry with tofu veggies. Mon-Sat 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 4:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Chinese, Thai, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by lfalexan

Great food - Edit

Our omni in laws wanted to go to dinner and we decided on checking this place out. The vegan menu is short but was delicious and the serving size was huge. Overall great atmosphere and friendly staff. We will definitely be returning.

Pros: Flavorful food, Generous serving size, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Could have more vegan options

Pretty good! - Edit

Despite a dedicated vegan section on the menu that included "tomato with egg," this place redeemed itself with pretty outstanding flavor. I took the advice of another reviwer and ordered the "Sizzling Tofu" which reminded me of an Asian fajita. It came in a cast iron pan with perfectly crispy / slightly charred tofu, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, baby corn, and lemongrass in a lemongrass onion style sauce. My boyfriend ordered the General Tso's tofu which was good but not as outstanding as my dish. Service was good (we were the only patrons on a quiet Sunday evening) and I'd definitely return.

Pros: Delicious!, Unique dish I hadn't seen elsewhere, Good service

Cons: Item labeled "vegan" that clearly wasn't, Ingredients aren't listed on menu

Average Asian Food - Edit

The restaurant is easy to find, parking wasn't an issue either. However, the vegan choices were limited on the menu. Not much flavor to my dish. The vegetable dumplings had a thick dough with little filling. Their sauteed broccoli was decent. It came with rice on the side. This place is better for meat eaters for sure. Waitress was friendly and the light piano music playing inside was nice. I asked about the veggie pho and sadly the broth isn't veg friendly. Would I come here again? No. The prices aren't that expensive for your portion sizes. If you aren't able to go anywhere else and have someone in your group who eats meat then they will be happy but you'll be left unsatisfied by the food.

Pros: Atmosphere, Easy Parking

Cons: Little Options, Not Much Flavor

Asian Fusion Heaven - Edit

I visited Little Asia on a whim. I had just come into Richmond by train and this restaurant was right near the Amtrak station. They had an adorable stuffed panda sitting outside announcing lunch specials and I decided to venture in.

We were the only patrons in the restaurant for a late lunch so service was impeccable. I went later in the week and there were more diners, but service remained exceptional.

The lunch menu is very reasonably priced at just under $6, but it only had one veg option. However, there was an entire entree section just for vegans! It was even labeled "Vegan!" I was thinking of ordering the General Tsao's Tofu, but am not a huge fan of spicy food so the waitress recommended that I try the Sizzling Tofu.

This was definitely what I was looking for. The Sizzling Tofu comes out on a burning hot cast iron plate (kind of like when you order fajitas). The sauce was hearty and umami with huge slices of tofu snuggled in with onions, peppers, carrots and mushrooms. So delicious!

I highly recommend this dish and restaurant.

Pros: Price, Taste, Menu has a vegan-only section

Return to Richmond Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Little Asia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1137 times since Mar 2014.