Liticker's Liquors and Mexican Grill

• Veg-friendly
Contact 619-224-1052

4955 Voltaire St (at Ocean Beach), San Diego, California, USA, 92107

Serves meat, vegan options available. A Mexican grill located inside a liquor store. Offers an extensive vegetarian as well a vegan menu with tamales, tacos, including tofu, seitan, and tempeh. Denotes which condiments are vegan suitable.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by tablemoonspoons

MMM Burritos - Edit

Liticker's is awesome. Boyfriend and I went twice in a row one weekend. We had the tempeh burrito and california burrito (ask for the veganized version). The staff is so nice and I love how they label everything (even the salsa). Definitely recommend their vegan Ceviche. It is great! From a Mexican, I got to say this is pretty authentic Mexican FOOD! LOVE IT! Also, they have great beer selection to go with your great tacos. If only they had multiple locations......lol!

Pros: Great Burritos, Great Ceviche, Awesome Customer Service

Go in and have a burrito! - Edit

Being straight edge the last thing I wanted to do was walk into a liquor store to look at their food menu. There was some allusion to veg stuff but I was on my way to Peace Pies. That night I saw on Happy Cow that this place has vegan food. So I gave it a try the next day. It was pretty good. They have quite a good menu for vegans (it was all labeled) and it was decently priced. The guy working was very sweet and friendly.
I was impressed they took the time to think about vegans.

Pros: decent selection, good size burrito

Cons: in liquor store

Pretty Good food - Edit

I would have never known that there was a Mexican Taco Shop inside of a liquor store if it wasn't for Happy Cow! We went there for hangover food. What a great place!! There are so many options for vegans/vegetarians. Not only that but it's CHEAP!! My husband had a burrito that he kept saying how terrific it was. I had the combo plate of tofu scramble. Fantastic! They have inside seating, it's only a table. There is also outside seating as well.

Pros: Cheap, Great food

beach side gem! - Edit

this is really the 'must go' spot in san diego. vegan options include taquitos, tacos, burritos, tamales, etc... made of stuff including soyrizo and tofu... the gauc is great... and there are some salsas and hot sauce too to add on. the prices are really cheap. the service is lightning fast... but this place is also a liquor/beer/wine store, but also has other convenience store stuff. there are a couple tables to sit on outside... but the beach is just a few mins walk away too.

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Liticker's Liquors and Mexican Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1220 times since Jan 2011.