Liquid Light Cafe

Contact 769-208-8689

224 E Capital St, Jackson, Mississippi, USA, 39201

A living raw food restaurant, seats 50. Offers interpretations of traditional cuisine from around the world, served in five courses. Kitchen rests 2-4:30pm. Open Tue-Sat 4:30pm-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-3:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Fusion

First Review by anikalehde

fine dining with creative, feel good food! - Edit

First of all, the food is amazing! It's comforting and familiar with a sophisticated touch. All of the dishes were raw but don't let this scare you away if you're not into raw vegan food. The whole time I was enjoying the meal thinking, how can this be raw and taste so good? I would recommend trying everything we ordered, but I especially recommend the "crab" cakes and the banana cream pie (I think that's what they called it). We definitely indulged by ordering a lot. It was nice to be able to finish a large meal like that and not feel the heaviness you get after consuming a lot of cooked foods. Everything was healthy and no regrets! Aside from the food, the service was excellent. Chef Love came out to talk with us multiple times and explained anything we had questions about. We talked about more than just food and he's a very open and good person in general. They are in the process of getting their alcohol license but don't let this stop you from trying this place out. It's definitely worth it! If I lived closer I would for sure make this a regular place for dinners out. Best wishes to them in Jackson!

Pros: Raw and delicious , Chef Love and our server , downtown location

Cons: expensive, but worth it if you have the money

Amazing! - Edit

This restaurant saved me in Jackson! I wish there was one in every city. I will crave the potato salad forever. The chocolate panache was worth the value of my entire meal on the check.

Pros: The food was beyond my expectation., The staff and chef were so kind and we had a great, The space is beautiful!

one of the best meals I've ever had. period. - Edit

Found this place through Happy Cow, and was a little surprised there was any vegan place in Jackson MS, let alone raw. I had low expectations. But I was so pleasantly surprised! Chef Love has a relationship with vegetables that I don't even understand. Like, he made vegan raw crab cakes. How?! Even after he told me I still don't really know. I ordered one item at a time because I was so unsure, and ended up having a four course meal. Started with a chilled cream dill soup. Then a jicama salad, followed by the afore mentioned crab cakes. Every item was better than the last. I finished with cheesecake, because I'm always interested in tasting people's vegan cheesecakes. This was one of the best.

I am from Washington, D.C. And I can't wait to go back to Mississippi to eat here again. I will actually plan my next work trip around this town even though I don't have to.

Very Special Experience - Edit

I'm so grateful that we stumbled upon Liquid Light Cafe and it's owner and staff. There is nothing like it for hundreds of miles, not even a standard veg restaurant in Jackson. The totally raw vegan cuisine is maid fresh to order and arrives in multiple courses - ours included a soup (my favorite), salad, main dish, and decadent dessert. Each dish was more unique than the next. Our favorite was the 'crab' cakes that somehow seemed like they had been fried, with a nice crispy darker outer shell. The sauces were out of this world (and the tamales come with a pretty spicy raw BBQ sauce so watch out!). The restaurant atmosphere is beautiful and serene but the best part was getting to chat with the folks who run the joint. What incredible, warm, dedicated, and passionate people. I hope folks come from all around to check out this very special experience.

Pros: healthy, friendly people, very creative raw food

Return to Jackson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Liquid Light Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.