Liondi

Contact 2109219994

Makrigianni 19-21, Acropolis (at /Acropolis Museum and Metro Station), Athens, Greece,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Many vegetarian choices, of which some are vegan or can be made vegan. The chef will prepare a sample platter. Free Wi-Fi. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Greek, Non-veg

First Review by scratchgrey

nice people, good food - Edit

Located right by the new Acropolis Museum, I felt welcomed at this place. The food was very good, and they have quite a selection of vegetarian meals. I recommed the vegetarian moussaka and the freshly squeezed orange juice.

excellent Greek food! - Edit

2 pages of vegetarian food on the menu. we were a group of 7 and the owner/chef offered us a variety of things that were wonderful. we tried a lot of typical things, and end up full! dessert and water were free. Eating a lot of dishes for only 10€ seems impossible, mostly in the very acropolis. 100% recommended.

Pros: price, tasty food, service

Why is this on HappyCow? - Edit

The vegetarian section is extremely tiny and mostly dairy-based. I don't know why this place is on happycow. The only already vegan items on the menu are the things you will be SO sick of if you're in Greece for more than 2 days -- fava and tomato-cucumber salad.

Moreover, this was the worst restaurant experience of my life. When I asked for a few things off the vegetarian section (5-6 items long, most with dairy) to be made without cheese, the waiter said not possible, then called the chef over, and another woman, and they all stood there berating me for wanting Greek classics changed. When I said I think we had a misunderstanding and to let me explain, they continued to down-talk me and not listen and be so condescending that I cried. I just cannot even believe that this happened. Do not go here.

knowledgable staff - Edit

Whilst it serves meat too, the staff here are very knowledgable on veganism as well as having a separate vegetarian menu. Treated really well here with extremely large portions for a very reasonable price which I didn't think would be possible given how close it is to Acropolis in an otherwise tourist trap of an area!

Pros: staff knowledge, portion size, value for money

Return to Athens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Liondi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1997 times since Nov 2014.