First Review by Vegpower

vegetarian home made food - Edit

Salad buffet with vegan sauces. Huge variety of vegan desserts. Perfect quality-price relation. Huge portions

Pros: Veggie home made food , nice staff, good prices for big quantity

Cons: The menu does not vary too much, usually need a reservation , only opens for lunch

great veggie option in Alicante - Edit

Very welcoming Hare Krishna restaurant. They don't cook with anything from animals or onions and garlic.

Reasonably priced and very healthy. Menu changes daily. Would recommend the fresh juices on offer

Pros: solid veggie option in a very meat heavy place, very welcoming, freshly prepared

Cons: limited menu

cheap and filling - Edit

I've been there a couple of times, very happy to see it full the last time! Good value set menu. A bit too hippy/hare krishna for my taste but the staff are lovely! The only speak Catalan and Spanish though so don't expect English.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, vegan

Cons: only opens weekdays for lunch

Best lunchtime option in Alicante - Edit

L'Indret is my favourite place to have lunch in Alicante. It is a 100% vegetarian establishment with an Indian/Hare Krishna vibe which gives it a relaxed atmosphere. The owners and staff are friendly, attentive, and more than happy to help you with any questions (be they in Spanish, Valencian or English).

The salad buffet is usually completely vegan, as are most of the set menu dishes. Normally I go for the salad buffet which is excellent value, with a range of leafy greens, grains, legumes and sauces, as much as you want for 4,95€. If you've got a good appetite, or just want to try some more dishes, the set menu is 11€, which includes 3 courses. I've never been disappointed, and have often eaten too much; a sign of just how good the food is!

The only part of me that has any reservations about L'Indret is the beer-lover in me; unfortunately they only have Cruzcampo, which happens to be one of my least favourite beers.

To sum up. For anyone looking for a good lunch, and especially vegans and vegetarians, L'Indret is the best option in Alicante.

Pros: Good value salad buffet, Excellent vegan options, Relaxed atmosphere

Cons: Not open in the evening, Poor beer selection, Shut for a large part of August

Best meal in Spain! - Edit

We went for Menu Del Dia on Saturday lunchtime. It was so busy and we went there without reservation so couldn't get a seat.. but they were kind enough to offer us a reserved seat and we had enough time before they came. Menu del Dia was with drinks (they also have fresh pressed juice!), salad buffet (2 kinds of so delicious homemade bread, several salads, dips, .. a lot of tasty food just in this salad buffet), menu 1, menu 2, and dessert for.. 10-12 euro? They have 2 kinds of menu 1 and menu 2, but you can choose half half so can taste 4 menu and the portion is like... not small at all. Even though it was super busy and we squeezed in, they were super friendly and accommodating, tried to answer all our questions on ingredients. Menu was ALL vegan but we were keep asking since all tasted so good and wanted to know how they made it (the owner was more than happy to explain it all to us.. but in Spanish and a little English so we had to use our imagination and body language a lot). Desserts were also all tasty. We wanted to go back but was never able to be in city for lunchtime.. ;o; A MUST go place in Alicante!

Pros: Delicious, Huge variety and portion, Inexpensive

Cons: Only open for lunch.. ;o;

Nice find in Alicante - Edit

This restaurant is just a few blocks from the Mercado. They offer a very nice salad buffet for 4,95€.

The staff speaks a bit of English and were very helpful about which item were vegan.

We enjoyed our lunch there.

Pros: good value, wonderful service, central location

Cons: limited menu

Awesome mostly vegan place - Edit

went there with a friend (carnivore - was shocked that he can feel so full with only vegan food). very yummy vegan 4 course meal and half a liter good wine for less than 12 euro!!! must-go in alicante!

An indian - Edit

This is a vegetarian with vegan options in daily menu with indian ambience (music, pictures...) but with international & spanish food. Cheap price. Friendly people. Near to "Stars square".

Pros: Cheap, Good food, Friendly

Very nice restaurant! - Edit

We liked it a lot, inexpensive menues, small but rich and well equiped salad bar, salt reduced eating is possible (add your own amount!). Very nice variety of desserts. Very nice staff. A total recommondation!

Pros: Vegan Choice possible, Good salad Bar, Very good Food

Cons: 4-course-menu too big ;)

I love it, tons of food, fair price. - Edit

I looove this place. Waiters are kind and the food is superb. You can get a salad bar (buffet style) + second main course + dessert + drink for 10E. I go there as much as I can.

At nights I dream with their carob cake.

Pros: Excellent food, Tons of food, Mmmmm carob cake

Cons: I don't have any, I'm their number 1 fan!!!

Return to Alicante Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has L'Indret closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.