Lincoln Street Food

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers 3 course meals - vegan choices in all, including appetizer, main and dessert. Vegan fish and chips available. Summer hours start July 3. Open Wed-Sat Lunch 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm/5:00 pm - closing. Sun Brunch 11:00 am - 2:00 pm/dinner 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Hours may vary by season. Please check with them.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by maritov

Disappointed - Edit

2 stars for having vegan options and for decent service.

Minus the other 3 stars for terrible food quality.

My 2 friends, hubby and I were strolling Lunenburg and had heard good things about Lincoln Street Foods and wanted to give it a try. First off, 14 dollars for the vegan fish and chips and other items on the menu just as expensive but I am willing to pay that price if the food is amazing.

The service was good and very speedy. Immediately the 3 of us who ordered the fish were struck by how small the portion was. They make housemade "chips" and literally gave us maybe 10 in total. Potatoes are cheap, their is no reason why you couldn't at least fill people on potato. I bit into my "fish" and burnt my mouth because of how greasy it was. Tasteless and greasy, that's all I can really say. Way too expensive for what you get.

Needless to say 3 out of 4 of us left really dissatisfied and grossed out. Not what you'd expect from a place that looks like they are trying to show their high class food.

Pros: Vegan options, Service

Cons: Food is bad , Greasy, Expensive

Do Not Miss!!! - Edit

This meal was perhaps the most amazing of our 8 days in Nova Scotia--what a surprise to find such vegan excellence outside of a major city! While the menu is short, they have a vegan appetizer and entree and vegan bar snacks, and when we were there they were serving a special vegan fish and chips appetizer made from lion's mane mushrooms. Plus two of the three desserts were vegan (they don't say so on the menu, but told us because they surmised based on our order that this is what we'd want).

The restaurant offers a $45 tasting menu with the day's bar snacks, an appetizer and entree of your choice, a petit fore (vegan coconut fudge, when we were there), and a desert of your choice, which is an amazing deal, really.

The food was all excellent and carefully prepared, with the kind of saucing and attention to detail you only get from the kind of classically-trained chefs that rarely prepare vegan food. The space was restful and beautiful, and the service attentive and professional.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough!

Pros: Excellent food

Cons: None--this place is close to perfect!

Return to Lunenburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lincoln Street Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.