Lima

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 03-6304-2005

2-23-1 Yoyogi, 130 New State Manor Building, Shibuya (at near Shinjuku and Yoyogi stations), Tokyo, Japan,

Natural food store providing healthy and organic groceries, bento boxes to go, Japanese made vegan cookies and non-dairy ice cream, etc. Has a community table as well as a separate kitchen in the shop where cooking classes are held. Address in Japanese 東京都渋谷区代々木2-23-1. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

First Review by sglcklch

I like this place - Edit

I have been to Lima a few times. It is a nice place and not so expensive. There is also a shop where you can buy some vegan/vegetarian/organic products.

The food in Lima is quite tasty although it depends on a day. Their brown rice is the best though.

Maybe it's not my favourite vegan spot but definitely worth-visiting :)

Pros: inexpensive, easy to find, vegan shop

Cons: sometimes oily, a small variety of foods

Really Good food, cheap. - Edit

Great little place, that even if it looks like a canteen, serves great food. Four alternatives, all ¥900 each. Small-ish portions leaves room for dessert :)
Opening hours not the same as the store, I think it's 11.30 to 19.00, last order is 18.30
Updated from previous review on Monday May 09, 2016

Pros: quick service, delicious food, English menu

Cons: not the cosiest place maybe

Awesome store - Edit

This place was just great! I loved that the majority of products they carry are locally made in Japan, which most probably can't be found anywhere outside of the country. I went around lunch time and the staff was putting out boxes of meat/vegan bento, which I assumed were freshly made in the big kitchen attached to the store where they also hold cooking classes. They had a community table in case you want to dine in. There was a small fresh produce corner too but I was mainly interested in travel food.

The variety of vegan cookies was amazing. I couldn't resist and bought a couple of different flavors, including one made with Maya nuts, something I had never heard of before. I also got a loaf of vegan gluten-free bread made with just brown rice flour and no starches, which is extremely uncommon for commercial GF breads. Then there was this whole chest freezer full of vegan ice creams by the entrance. I was really intrigued by a yam-based one that claimed to be completely fat free so I got the adzuki bean flavor of that. Was actually more like a sorbet but was yummy nonetheless. I also saw some non-dairy milks that I didn't see at the other health food store I visited earlier.

The location was quite convenient, just a short walk from Shinjuku or Yoyogi station. For me it was even easier as it was literally right behind the hotel my partner and I stayed at. I just can't believe I didn't know it until the very last hours of our trip; otherwise it would have been so handy to stock up on breakfast food and travel snacks.

Pros: selection, location, vegan ice creams

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lima closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4964 times since Sep 2012.