Lily Burger

Contact +49-3068919569

Am Friedrichshain 34, Berlin, Germany, 10407

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a variety of vegan burgers with choices like tofu, seitan, falafel along with house-made bread and sauces. Ask if possible to use a separate grill area. Has Wi-Fi. Since late 2013. Relocated 2016 from Urbanstrasse 70, Kreuzberg. Open Mon-Fri 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-1:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Western, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by Vegano36

Awesome! - Edit

We were staying near this restaurant and as it was freezing cold and we didn't want to travel far we reluctantly went in after reading some bad reviews.

Couldn't have had a more different experience. Beer good. Service good. Food gooooood.

Someone said it was expensive, I agree for a burger it is at the higher end particularly as you order your side separately, bit that means your fries are larger so I'd recommend 1 between 2.

I had the JFK burger which was cheese and bacon on a seitan burger. It was huge.

Oh and the music was loud but certainly not so loud that I couldn't have a good chat with my partner.

Pros: Big portions, Excellent choice of toppings

Huge burgers and superb service! - Edit

The title says it all. Not the cheapest place but I recommend to go there and experience it by yourself. The waiters are reeally nice and the WiFi works like a charm! Open now also Fri-Sat only from 12 to 12 and they close the kitchen earlier if there's no customers. They said they have delivery service too.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-06

Pros: Huge burgers, Great service, WiFi rules

Cons: Expensive, but you'll get value for your money

My fav vegan burger in Berlin - Edit

I just love that place. I had the BEST vegan burger in my life (already maybe 10 times). They have gluten-free bread but you might wanna check they still have it first, because once I ended up with toast bread and pay an extra euro for it which wasn't nice. BUT their falafel patties are simply awesome! So is the vegan cheese. It's totally with the price and this place is my top recommendation if you're a vegan gluten-free (or not) burger lover.

Pros: awesome falafel patties , gluten-free buns (on request), super tasty

Cons: a bit pricey

Lots of veggie options - Edit

This place specializes in beef and veggie burgers, and might be offering the best vegan burger in Berlin. They have an extensive list of vegetarian burgers, which all can be made vegan. Two different sauces are included, and there's the choice between homemade falafel or seitan patties (the latter is massive and seems to have what appeared to be a refried bean filling). A bunch of their sides like chili cheese fries are also available vegan. Everything was tasty, and the servings are rather big.

However, this clearly isn't a place for a romantic dinner. The place is kinda small, and packed with ale benches. It's kind of garish (but there's certainly no "blood dripping" anywhere), and there's loud techno music playing. On the plus side, that means no one stays super long, so even on a busy Saturday we didn't had to wait long until we got seated, and as their turnover is pretty big, even larger groups walked in and got a seat within a reasonable waiting time. The service is maybe no frills service, but the dudes working there were pretty friendly, checked up on us, corrected a mistake with the order in no time, and even offered us that we could buy beer at the corner store next door and drink it in the restaurant, as they don't serve alcohol.

Bottom line, might be the best burger in Berlin at the moment, but don't plan to stay here much longer than it takes you to finish your dinner. (They do take-out as well, though...)

Pros: plenty of veggie options

Cons: atmosphere

Great burgers but a bit loud - Edit

Whoever says the staff is not friendly just doesn't get the real Berlin style, this is not the USA, real Berliners have big mouths and are quite frank also in their sense of humor. Doesn't mean that they aren't nice, they always cared a lot for us just not with fake smiles.

Incredibly rude staff and wasn't able to eat - Edit

Personally, to anyone who has travelled far, I'd strongly recommend not to even bother with this place.
Family and I had been walking all day to see the wonderful sights of Berlin, we're all from England and heard so much about Lily Burger as two of us are vegan and the rest eat meat. So we purposely went here for the options.

This place is tiny, like a small sweat box! Fits about thirty people tops, you need to book, which I have never been told by anyone who's been there. We were greeted by an incredibly rude man with a black short beard. His attitude absolutely stunk towards us when we ask if he could sit us, if not, how long. He didn't want to help or anything.
When I even asked about the vegan options, he didn't understand what I was asking considering their sign does say 'beef and vegan burgers'.
We thought if two of us cold stay the others could find someone else. My other half's mother ask for two, this man who 'greeted' us, not only continued to be rude, he constantly shouted "what" into her face, shaking his head and proceeded to laugh at us with some customers near by. Absolutely disgusting.

I will also add, from what I could see in this establishment is cross contamination would be an issue, there's blood everywhere from their meat, dripping onto the tables, I would not recommend this for anyone who is veggie or vegan.

I will finish to say that I'm amazed that this place is thriving considering how unwelcoming this person was. Not only the location is dark and dirty, so was his attitude.

Glad that we weren't seated as I dread to think what the overall service would have been.

Cons: rude staff, located in dark putrid area/street , cross contamination is highly likely

Nice food, not so nice staff - Edit

The vegan options and burgers are really great but the place itself isn't pretty and the staff seemed rather unfriendly and tried to make fun of me and others in the shop (not in a friendly way but to embarrass me/ us). Also the price is pretty high for a burger but the overall food-quality is good. I'm in for a burger from time to time but don't expect excessive tipping.

Good burgers, but bad value for your money. - Edit

This restaurant raised their prices recently. In my previous review, I rated them highly rated because of their good taste and value. But now they want 8 to 9 euros for a burger? This is not a restaurant in Prenzlauer Berg but an imbiss in Neukölln, my friends.

On the plus side: huge selection of vegan and vegetarian burgers and separate grills for meat, vegetarian and vegan.

For Americans coming from expensive cities: no, these are not appropriate prices for Berlin.

Pros: separate grills, good taste

Cons: high prices for the area, serves meat, uncomfortable seating

Best vegan burgers so far - Edit

Hey,

I checked out Lily Burger last week and I have to say that they prepare the best vegan burgers I have tasted so far in Berlin. They are huge, tasty and quite cheap.

They also have a seperate grill for vegan stuff, so that the seitan/tofu doesn't get mixed up with meat. I can only recommend it! Nice Music too ;-)

Pros: Seperate grill, huge and tasty burgers, nice people

Cons: serve meat

Well made and super friendly - Edit

while this place looks like a temple of meat from the outside, the staff were incredibly friendly and super helpful.

they have a long list of options and seemed to take a lot of pride in their vegetarian and vegan offerings.

the burger itself was huge but held together well. not the best one i have ever had, but the experience was so positive that would happily go there again.

Pros: good choice, friendly and helpful staff, big portions

Cons: still sell meat :-(

The Best Vegan Burgers and Food - Edit

at lilly burger there are 20 different vegan burger to choose from and it tastes delicious. There are 13 vegan sauces vegan bread. there are 4 homemade organic potato varieties.you can choose between falafel, seitan, or tofu and the vegetarian selection is also very large. I love the tofu bacon chesse yummi is the delicious vegan invite the best in berlin

Pros: Excellent Food, Best Vegan Food , Nice Location and Music

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lily Burger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.