Lilly's Pizza

Contact 919-833-0226

1813 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, 27608

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza place with micro-brews. Lots of toppings. Customize your pizza with non-dairy cheese, vegan chicken strip, fresh veggies, etc. Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

Category: Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by alexa.richards12

Dough Contains Honey - Edit

Ethical vegans may have an issue eating here. As of July 2016 the dough still contains honey. This came as a surprise as I have been ordering the pizza (including the "vegan stromboli") for months now and was never informed by staff. Giving a low rating due to the lack of transparency. Lilly's says "the majority of vegans to whom we disclose this still return and don't consider it an issue". It appears that honey, instead of an alternative like agave, is in the dough for health and environmental concerns. Supposedly you may order the dough without honey however last time I did that they gave me no olive oil on the crust (not sure what happened there, if there was no honey in the crust or if they misunderstood the request).

Aside from that they have a good mock chicken (assuming it actually is vegan), and a large menu with many options. The only other issues I have with Lilly's is it is expensive and takes a while to get your order. I cannot call on Friday or Saturday nights to place an order because they either 1. don't pick up, or 2. say they are putting me on hold but actually hang up. Good pizza but I'm not sure it outweighs the other issues.

Pros: good pizza, large menu

Cons: honey in dough, long wait times, expensive

I don't understand this crack tofu. - Edit

Seriously the best pizza I have ever had. I came here with my boyfriend and we shared a vegan pie, adding the atomic tofu. That tofu changed my life. I do not even understand how one can create tofu that is that magical. I typically steer clear of tofu because so many places are unable to cook it well. Um, this place is far from one of them. They got that tofu down pat.

As for the rest of the pizza, the crust and all the toppings were incredible. I was so pleased with how fresh the ingredients were. It was easy to order and the staff was nice. The man who took our order was a tad slow with his knowledge of veganism, but the menu was clear as to what was and what was not vegan. They also have calzones and other options for vegan folk, as well as the gluten free population.

I will be returning here as soon as I can. I also have told most people who I am friends with that they are seriously missing out on pizza if they do not eat here.

Pros: TOFU!, Awesome food, Clear menu

Cons: Staff confusion

Lilly's - Edit

I had the Buddha pizza pie which included daiya, roasted kalamata olives,zucchini, tomatoes,and spinach. This place does excellent vegan white sauce and the daiya melted well. To my surprise this pizza tatse good cold too just like the normal stuff. The atmosphere is so so. It's more like a new wave dive for millenials in the form of a resturant. Parking would be tough on a week day from 5 to 7 since its in the downtown area of Raleigh. Prices are reasonable.

Pros: pizza's can be veganized, reasonable prices, plenty of seating, indoor/outdoor

Cons: limited parking, punk/hardcore radio can be distracting

One of my favorites - Edit

Love the vegan stromboli. Mondays you get beer on the cheap. Love the tofu salad too - one of my favorite salads anywhere ever.

Pros: delicious food, well-priced, good location

Cons: ordering & getting your food can be slow, they get REALLY busy, sometimes confusing if you're not a local/regular.

Give it a go - Edit

I've been here a few times with friends and I usually leave feeling very satisfied. In addition to vegan cheeses, they have vegan chicken strips but I usually stick to vegetables. They have a great pizza and I usually order a whole one for myself so I can have leftovers.

My personal favorite is the vegan stromboli. Highly recommend to anyone but I would split it- it's huge!

Pros: Big Portions, Good Value

Cons: Usually Crowded, Takes a while

Return to Raleigh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lilly's Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1824 times since Apr 2012.