Lilly's Cafe

Contact 504-599-9999

1813 Magazine St (at Felicity St), New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70130

Serves meat, vegan options available. A cozy, cute, colorful cafe offers what the owner calls truly vegan food, such as pho, egg rolls, spring rolls and more. Lower Garden District. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm. Closed Sun.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by lshell7

cute place, fast service - Edit

i went during a very husy lunch hour, the wait staff were doing an amazing job working their butts off. i had the vegan spring rolls and spicy tofu bahn mi. the bahn mi was very filling and tasty. nice folks, good eats!

Great pho! - Edit

I stopped in here for an early lunch. I started off with the vegan egg rolls, which everyone on Yelp seems to be raving about. The rolls contained taro, which was a nice and unusual twist. The taro was really good and creamy. However, on the whole, I found the egg rolls a bit heavy. They were quite oily, and this was compounded by the natural heaviness/starchiness of the taro.

The vegan tofu pho, on the other hand, was unreservedly awesome. The broth was super flavorful and a nice change from the typical bland veggie broth that I've had at other Vietnamese places. At most pho establishments, I throw a bunch of Sriracha, lime, and basil into my pho to augment the weak veggie broth. However, at Lilly's, I was hesitant to add anything, for fear of disrupting the soup's deliciously balanced flavors.

They also had nice garnishes in the soup - roasted garlic, delicately sliced purple onions, and crisp scallions - that imparted rich and complex flavors and also made for delightful textural contrasts with the silky smooth noodles.

My main regret is that I only discovered this gem on my last day in New Orleans. I hope to return again!

Pros: really good pho, casual environment, friendly staff

Cons: heavy egg rolls

Tasty! - Edit

Cute little restaurant, friendly staff. We were lucky enough to go at a time when no one else was in the restaurant so we were able to talk to our server a good bit about what was in everything without issue or holding them up too much! The food was delicious and the prices were reasonable. I'd definitely go back for more!

Pros: delicious, helpful, friendly staff

Vegan Pho! - Edit

What a lovely option! While I was looking at the menu deciding on the various vegan options, the owner asked if I was vegan and then emphasized that the pho was "truly vegan." I noted clearly marked vegan options for pho, egg rolls, and spring rolls - there may have been more. The egg rolls were homemade and delicious with a plum sauce, the spring rolls were inventive with both avocado and strawberries, and the pho was packed with perfectly prepared veggies and a wonderful broth. $4+ for the pairs of egg/spring rolls, $8+ for enough pho for two to share.

Pros: Friendly staff, clearly marked menu

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lilly's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.