Lil Kitchen

• Veg-friendly

Grosse Heimstr 45 (at Lindenmannstr), Dortmund, Germany, 44137

Serves meat, vegan options available. Nice atmosphere. In addition to regular menu, they have weekly specials. Vegan options available. Previously named Kawado. Under new management, and may change to non-veg. Please confirm and inform HappyCow. Closed Monday

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by HellerMD98

Wonderful food, atmosphere - Edit

We went to Kawado for our anniversary. Dinner was leisurely (about 40-mins from order to dinner served), but it was vacation time in NRW and possibly less staffed than normal. In addition to the regular menu, there is a weekly menu and we ordered from this - the Arabian and Indian menus. There were suggested wine and beer pairings. I had a Braufactum Colonia beer - Kölsch style. Dessert was super too - a hazelnut, Preisselberry (cranberry-like), chocolate and creme cake.

One note - Kawado is nearly 100% vegetarian. They have salmon on the menu but it is to be removed soon. Consider it 100% vegetarian and it should have a 5-star rating. When I submitted Kawado, I should have put it down as a 100% vegetarian!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, "right-sized" portions

Cons: outdoor smoking

Return to Dortmund Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lil Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1220 times since Aug 2011.