CLOSED: Lil' Buddha Tea

518-443-0029

274 Lark St, Albany, New York, USA, 12210

Vegan food and tea cafe operating since 2010. Serves food Tue-Sat 12-7pm. Sunday and Monday is drinks only. Offers no-sugar added smoothies with ingredients like ginger and peanut butter; over 100 organic teas available in bulk or served hot or cold; juices, bubble teas, and organic coffee. Has Wi-Fi. CONFIRMED SHUT BY ITS FB MESSAGE MAY 2015 - CHANGE TO DIFFERENT RESTAURANT. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-7:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Nothinginvain

Best vegan restaurant in the Capital region! - Edit

Cozy atmosphere in this little spot! the food is delicious and the portions are generous! what more could you ask for? well, it is small so i wouldn't suggest it a party of 5 or more. but a definite must try for vegans!

Pros: delicious food! , amazing selection of teas

Cons: small space

Our Favorite! - Edit

This is my family's favorite place to eat. We go there for just about every special occasion, and when we entertain family or friends, we just about always take them there. Everything on their menu is delicious; you can't go wrong. I almost always get the Bandito Burrito, and my husband usually gets the BLT (the "B" is tempeh bacon). My two favorite smoothies are the yogi sutra and the typhoon (but they are all delicious). Favorite juice is the iron maiden. They are open seven days/week, but you should be aware that Sundays and Mondays are "liquids only," so you can still get smoothies, juices, and teas, but no meals. On Tuesdays-Saturdays, food service begins at noon. Lunch and dinner served. Liquids begin at 7:00 AM.

Pros: Everything is delicious!, Funky, eclectic decor, Happy Buddhas!

Cons: Seating is somewhat limited

Almost Perfect - Edit

I was happy to find a place in the area with a great vegan menu, why is that so rare here? Anyway, the savory food was really delicious. Especially the BLT, yum! The service was good. Since I went midday when it was rainy my fam of 6 happily had a space to sit. It pains me to say that their bathroom was gross, and there was mold on a brownie that I bought to eat on the way home, gross :(.

Lil Buddha Tea 05 Jul 2014 - Sorry! Not sure why the bathroom was disgusting! As for tge brownie, never intending to sell that if I have known! Sorry again! I can tell you brownies never last more than a couple days here. The humidity may have affected the ingredients. I wish you called and made me aware. Please stop for a full refund on your family's meal! Its usually just me running tge shop, such a lil business I sometimes dont meet expectations! :-( please call!

Really good tea! - Edit

I've never had any of their food items, but have tried a few of their available teas. The teas were really good, the place is nice and right on Lark Street. Great place to just sit down, read and have some tea.

Pros: Nice tea, Reasonably priced , Variety

Cons: Small space , I didn't feel welcomed

I Love This Place! - Edit

Great food and delicious smoothies!

Pros: Friendly Staff

Cons: Limited Space

Good place to hang out - Edit

I went there with my two young children (2 & 4) in the afternoon of a Saturday. We walked from New York State Museum, it wasn't too long. The cafe has only 5 tables inside and two tables for two persons each outside. The cafe is kind of small and they do not have highchair or booster chair. But one of the tables is low enough for kids to sit and eat comfortably. I ordered a nut smoothies, a rice meal and a hummus meal for 3 of us. But these were too much to eat, the portions were kind of slightly big. So i had to request to take away those which we couldn't finish. The table was kind of small, we ran out of place to put all the drinks and meals on the table. The ambience was good, but i guess it could be another thing with young kids if the restaurant was busy. The staff were friendly.

Pros: Ambience, Staff, Smoothies

Cons: Small table and space

お勧めです - Edit

メニューも豊富でいつも新鮮で美味しい野菜を提供しています。お店のスタッフの方の対応もよく、ベジタリアンでない方でもおいしくいただける料理が多いです。

Very enjoyable - Edit

Wide ranging menu that is 100% vegan. Yes the seating is limited, but the food is awesome and the portions are very generous.

My favorite place in Albany!

Pros: extensive menu, large portions, very cool vibe

Cons: limited seating, limited parking

Love them! - Edit

The smoothies and meals I've order are always fresh and tasty. The staff is very good about answering questions about menu items and ingredients used. I love the roasted beet plate - unexpected and so fun. The nachos are also a great meal. They also make custom fresh juices. Many creative smoothie flavors to pick from.

Pros: Fresh, Great value, Friendly staff

Cons: Small space

Great light fare, very little seating - Edit

I was really excited to find a vegan restaurant in Albany where I was at a conference, and ended up eating at Lil Buddha twice in one day! It was really the only good option for vegans. I had the BLT which was delicious and the nachos. The nachos were a little sparse, not much daiya or beans, but the BLT was incredibly filling. The smoothies are very reasonably priced. The only problem was that there are very few seats inside, and on top of it, the kitchen closed an hour earlier than expected so I couldn't get a waffle for dessert!

Pros: Awesome tea, Good food

Cons: Small, Short hours

great place for tea and great for food too - Edit

What a find! Lovely little cozy hole in the wall, with friendly staff and great books to read while you drink your tea. It isn't that easy to find good vegan food in the area and we were really pleased with our beans and rice with home made fresh salsa and a really delicious grilled avocado. Lots of choices that would make a vegetarian or meat eater happy too ( though there is no meat served and I think no dairy either, though not sure about milk for tea. The tea choices really are amazing and the smoothies are wonderful. Fresh juices made to order too. We will be back the next time we are in Albany

Pros: great vegan food, wonderful smoothies and juices, friendly

Cons: could have more gluten free dishes, small- might get crowded

yummy stuff - Edit

I went to this place and they were kinda busy so I had to check them out. The kids who filled the place seemed to be in awe with it and slowed the line down. But I got a raw juice (red dragon) and a vegan burrito...they rocked! Awesome! Well worth the wait with the people who were indecisive ahead of me. There is nothing like Lil' Buddha in the city of Albany or between there and San Fransisco. I live close by so of course I'll be there again...like soon. I'm heading there now...they have crazy amounts of organic tea. But I think I'm getting a smoothie!

Pros: healthy food, relaxing & warm, nice owner

Cons: no wheatgrass juicer, unnoticeable, indecisive customers

I love it - Edit

If you are visiting Albany New York and are Vegan or Vegetarian this is probably the only place where you'll find a decent breakfast. Food isn't too expensive but I'm rather cheap. It may take awhile since the place is minimally staffed but it's well worth the wait. The tea is delicious, local and the staff is super friendly. They also have books for you to read and boardgames for you to play. Little Buddha Tea is located on Lark Street, which is a great place to start your visit as well. Down the street is the Art History Museum, the New York State Museum and a video game store

Pros: vegan, fast, cute

Cons: food takes awhile, cost, parking

Return to Albany Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Lil' Buddha Tea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.